Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Schauer?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I am not buying it.

The Return of Schauer?

I couldn't grab the specs off the Stowa site. What size is the one-hander that I am not buying?
    If he offers a one-hander with a gray dial and rose gold hand, I'm fairly certain I would not be able to resist. I've come so close to buying a one-hander before, but held off due to the color of the hand.

If memory serves correctly, I believe he offered a smaller version of the one-hander at one time. I want to say it was 39 mm, but I may be letting my desires interfere with reality again.

Edit: I found a sales post for one which specified a 37.5mm diameter. There was also a Durowe powered model with a 44mm case.
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Jan 19, 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    If he offers a one-hander with a gray dial and rose gold hand, I'm fairly certain I would not be able to resist. I've come so close to buying a one-hander before, but held off due to the color of the hand.

If memory serves correctly, I believe he offered a smaller version of the one-hander at one time. I want to say it was 39 mm, but I may be letting my desires interfere with reality again.

Edit: I found a sales post for one which specified a 37.5mm diameter. There was also a Durowe powered model with a 44mm case.

Schauer Einzeiger: the Montgomery of One-handers

4. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    And to answer the question you posed in that other thread, the closest I can come up with is the Franklin design by Meistersinger which has 10 minute increments laid out. However, they have much more room to play with due to the extra revolutions the hand makes every day.

I'm now on a quest to find the most enumerated one handed dial.

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post

I have always loved the Schaumburg one hand chronometer. It has a lot of numerals!
    Name:  schaumburg.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  16.3 KB

I have always loved the Schaumburg one hand chronometer. It has a lot of numerals!
    Name:  schaumburg.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  16.3 KB
    Name:  xm3ta.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  31.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Name:  xm3ta.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  31.7 KB
    But only the grey one, though.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Jan 19, 2016 at 10:16 PM.

I have yet to find another one-hander with more numerals. The squarestreet Minuteman matches the number of numbers on the Schauer, but does so with less class than the Schauer.

Here's another model from Meistersinger that I'd never seen before. The Soprana is a variation on the Franklin I posted above but instead of a 4-hour watch, it's a 6-hour watch. This one tickles my fancy more than the Franklin for some reason.

To keep things on track, I think the Schauer is still one of the most handsome one-handers out there.

I have yet to find another one-hander with more numerals. The squarestreet Minuteman matches the number of numbers on the Schauer, but does so with less class than the Schauer.
    I dare you to go back and count the numerals on the Schaumberg...

Name:  Schaumburg Watch - GT ONE (4).jpg
Views: 216
Size:  73.9 KB

I do like that Meistersinger.

Oh I can see that would be just dandy after 4 scotches and someone asks you for the time

I dare you to go back and count the numerals on the Schaumberg...

Name:  Schaumburg Watch - GT ONE (4).jpg
Views: 216
Size:  73.9 KB

I do like that Meistersinger.

13. Likes Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post