Likes Likes:  483
Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera/Photography 'stuff'

Camera/Photography 'stuff'

I just thought we could do with a thread to talk about camera/photography 'stuff'

i.e. the hardware, what you just bought, what you have incoming ,all that shizzle .....

So to start it off I got a great deal on a B&W MRC106M 6 stop filter last week (to complement my variable so I could go really dark lol), amazon and others were selling it for £80+ :-(
    .....but found a retailer on ebay with the same one...with a buy it now of £50 and a 'make offer' option too !! , so I offered £40 and got one (brand new , genuine, boxed, all those things) !!!

and today found a really nice leather neck strap - hand made ,real leather for £20 delivered - on it's way as we speak

Name:  strap.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  7.7 KB
    Just search '1901 Eggleston' ,can get about 6 different colours

Camera not included lol

2. Likes gnuyork, FuzzyB, tempocalypse liked this post
    I have over 30 cameras, from pinhole, large format to 35mm and several digis. But most used camera lately is a fixed prime lens digital point and shoot (Sigma Merrill DP2) and I find it to be the most amazing digital camera I've ever used due to the sensor technology. There are a lot of drawbacks with it, but the results far outweigh any negatives. The second most used might be the Canon 5DMkII. It's what I mainly use to post my WRUW shots because I can rattle off pics in real low light and they still come out.

The canon 5D MkII in my mind is was quite a pivotal camera, as it was the first DSLR to shoot HD video, which is the reason I purchased this camera.

That being said, I'm one of those that believes film is still better than digital, even 35mm film. It's just that I shoot less of it now due to cost and the hassle of processing it in a darkroom. I used to love doing that, but now in the this day it's so easy and convenient to shoot, download images to your computer, work on in Lightroom, and post or print.

My favorite camera overall is a film Leica M6. I really enjoy shooting with this camera, but as stated, has become less frequent.

I also have several photo printers, one of them can make 44" wide prints. It currently has a clogged head because I don't print with it enough. That's a major problem with these big pro printers. They are designed to be used often. It will cost me $400 for each head that needs to be replaced (there are two). So I'll likely do it only when I really need to make some prints. Right now I just want to, but don't have a serious need.

I also have 4 enlargers, one of them a top end Leica enlarger, and all the darkroom stuff. None of it is set up right now. I do plan to set it up one of these days and get back into shooting film and making real darkroom prints. I've been talking about doing this for years, but as I said, digital is just too convenient Plus I really do enjoy the post process in Adobe LightRoom.

4. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    I'm still toying with the software side of things, I almost went the cloud version of the photography package from Adobe earlier this month ,it's about £8 a month and gives you the latest Lightroom and Photoshop too ,constant updates etc but you never really own it ... BUT you can have it on a PC AND a Mac concurrently (I checked) ,which would be cool for me,.... work and play

I might just do it very soon.... they do a free trial version

Yes, I have the full cloud Adobe package. Begrudgingly, I gave in because I needed it to do my work properly. I had the CS6 (and CS4 and 5) package, but there were some features missing in Premiere that I needed to use.

As for LightRoom, even though I have the latest cloud version, I still use version 4 that I got for free with one of my Leica digital cams (they used to bundle LR with your camera).

I would recommend the cloud photo package though, especially if you like to shoot RAW.

I know nest to nothing about photography, and even less about post-production. But I'm highly interested and will be paying silent attention to this thread.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

8. Likes Seriously liked this post
    This is my new work set up now that my Canon went for a walk

It came with this little doofer that sends the pics straight to my phone or laptop

But I do want to add one of these for non work use.
    The new 200 - 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

10. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    I know nest to nothing about photography, and even less about post-production. But I'm highly interested and will be paying silent attention to this thread.
    I'm learning slowly. I have my (wife's ) new mirrorless a5100 system camera which has loads of features I'm just getting used to.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1452694308158.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  338.7 KB

Can't figure out how to take a slow shutter shot in the day without it being massively over exposed...fine at night.

But back on topic, I bought this little tripod

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1452694395702.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  27.5 KB

Seems to do the job...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Want a macro lense - this Sony e mount should do I think Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1452694503343.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  36.4 KB sel30m35

And a telephoto long lens too for shots of the moon...

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Can't figure out how to take a slow shutter shot in the day without it being massively over exposed...fine at night.
    The two (shutter speed and aperture) are closely inextricably linked ,slower shutter speed equates to the need for a smaller aperture in the same light levels to get the same end-exposure.

I can't see which model that is though apart from a sony Alpha