Likes Likes:  483
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera/Photography 'stuff'

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    The two (shutter speed and aperture) are closely inextricably linked ,slower shutter speed equates to the need for a smaller aperture in the same light levels to get the same end-exposure.

I can't see which model that is though apart from a sony Alpha
    Post updated - a5100.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Post updated - a5100.

Quote Originally Posted by quicklyfound on tinternet
    On the 5100 Hold the AEL button (in manual mode) and then when you turn the wheel, it'll change the aperture instead.

That's about the only thing you need to know that's different from the auto modes.

Other than keeping a constant mind that you now need to individually change ISO, shutter, and aperture to get the right exposure as the camera won't do any of that automatically for you

RTFM

Yeah I was in shutter priority mode which only allows you to change the shutter speed, thus massively over exposing (or whatever) it. Even on iso 100 it was too bright. On completely manual you can adjust the aperture to get it right, I think. It's not as bright now so I'll test tomorrow.

Yeah I was in shutter priority mode which only allows you to change the shutter speed, thus massively over exposing (or whatever) it. Even on iso 100 it was too bright. On completely manual you can adjust the aperture to get it right, I think. It's not as bright now so I'll test tomorrow.
    Does the camera have exposure compensation in those priority modes? If it does, you could use that. Otherwise, just use manual mode for stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I'm still toying with the software side of things, I almost went the cloud version of the photography package from Adobe earlier this month ,it's about £8 a month and gives you the latest Lightroom and Photoshop too ,constant updates etc but you never really own it ... BUT you can have it on a PC AND a Mac concurrently (I checked) ,which would be cool for me,.... work and play

I might just do it very soon.... they do a free trial version
    If suggest doing the trial to see how you like it. I had been using Lightroom 4 since it was released (and Lightroom in general since the first version). Unfortunately, they didn't update it to support the raw format for my Olympus EM5ii. I debated back and forth on buying LR6 or the cloud version.

I ended up with the cloud version since I had been having issues with my CS3 version of Photoshop and needed to do some work in that, too. The cloud version is nice and I have a feeling they will continue to push that version with better and more frequent updates.

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Does the camera have exposure compensation in those priority modes? If it does, you could use that. Otherwise, just use manual mode for stuff like that.
    Yes, but not enough to compensate

I have recently updated from the Nikon D5100 to the D7200. I was a big fan of the D5100 but the the D7200 is a step up in terms of image quality. I use the Nikon 18-140mm 95% of the time-really pleased with this lens. If I want a bit more zoom, I have the Nikon 55-300.

Name:  nikon_1555_d7200_dslr_camera_with_1127272.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  81.7 KB
    Name:  nikon_d7200.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  90.3 KB
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

9. Likes Seriously, geoffbot, MarkO liked this post
    Big unit that.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Big unit that.

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post