Likes Likes:  483
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera/Photography 'stuff'

Any ball head recommendations? I'm in the market for a new one. I need a pretty decent weight capacity since it will be used with both the Olympus and the Canon 6D. The only requirement I have is that it is Arca compatible since the grip I have on the Olympus is compatible.

I was impressed with the engineering of a Sirui monopod head I found on eBay last year...

Take a look at their ball heads cos I can definitely recommend the quality.

Or if you can get them where you are, try '3-legged thing' stuff
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 13, 2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I was impressed with the engineering of a Sirui monopod head I found on eBay last year...

Take a look at their ball heads cos I can definitely recommend the quality.

Or if you can get them where you are, try '3-legged thing' stuff
    Sirui was actually my top choice so far. The balance of price and features seems to be excellent given the positive reviews I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Sirui was actually my top choice so far. The balance of price and features seems to be excellent given the positive reviews I've read.
    Then decide your model and shop around , like I said I found a seller on ebay for a ridiculous price in comparision to other sellers prices £42 from China instead of £120 upwards for the same item TY60+L10 !!!

It was definitely genuine and boxed, could not believe.

5. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Any ball head recommendations? I'm in the market for a new one. I need a pretty decent weight capacity since it will be used with both the Olympus and the Canon 6D. The only requirement I have is that it is Arca compatible since the grip I have on the Olympus is compatible.

This is the ball head I use. It's pretty substantial. Some features are a locking tilt (which is nice for my 4x5 camera) and the pano detent ring (with clicks) on the bottom. I use this for panoramic stitching with a special bracket.

7. Likes Seriously, tempocalypse, FuzzyB liked this post
    Thinking about getting back into B&W film photography. Just bought some T-max developer on a recent trip to Singapore because I couldn't find any HC110 (none of this stuff is available at home). Bit dissapointed as HC 110 is a thick syrup that can be diluted heavily so I can make it last longer between overseas resupply trips.

Time to dust off the old M6 or maybe even the Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex 2.8F

Instagram: @tempocalypse

9. Likes Seriously, gnuyork, FuzzyB, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post

Can't figure out how to take a slow shutter shot in the day without it being massively over exposed...fine at night.
    You need a neutral density filter.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ty-filters.htm
    There's nothing important to read here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    I thought of that too Colin, but the lens GB shows in the original photo in post #7 doesn't seem to have a screw thread for add-ons?

No screw thread, no.

Are you referring to a £10 filter by hoya type thing?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Name:  xc6r1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  46.1 KB

When you do buy into the next lens, make sure it's got a screw thread and buy a uv filter if only to protect the lens face.
    Most do have the thread, I suppose it was to keep the costs down on the supplied kit lens
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 14, 2016 at 08:40 AM.