Likes Likes:  483
Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera/Photography 'stuff'

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Yeah

The 850 is on its way , it is/was a tough decision, lots of pros and cons for both.
    I'm committed to Canon because of all the glass I have but I'll say you will be very pleased with Nikon overall and that 850.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Nikon Z7 or Nikon D850 ?

Damn, what a decision

Wasn't I having this same dilemma a while back? Ultimately I passed on both... but initially a friend was going to sell his 850 very cheap and I wanted it, but he offered it to his neighbor first before I could get dibs. So I researched getting a new one vs the Z7 -then I decided I wanted a Medium format set up instead... so just waiting it out... the film Hasselblad I just got (and shot yesterday for the first time) will accept the new digital back so that's the goal if I can end up affording it (and it makes sense)... on the complete opposite end, for micro 4/3s I'm slightly interested in the Panasonic GX9 as a small travel camera. But we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Wasn't I having this same dilemma a while back? Ultimately I passed on both... but initially a friend was going to sell his 850 very cheap and I wanted it, but he offered it to his neighbor first before I could get dibs. So I researched getting a new one vs the Z7 -then I decided I wanted a Medium format set up instead... so just waiting it out... the film Hasselblad I just got (and shot yesterday for the first time) will accept the new digital back so that's the goal if I can end up affording it (and it makes sense)... on the complete opposite end, for micro 4/3s I'm slightly interested in the Panasonic GX9 as a small travel camera. But we'll see...
    I can't remember , it arrived this very lunch time, very welcome already features are the touch screen .... and the fact it folds out !!
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

I can't remember , it arrived this very lunch time, very welcome already features are the touch screen .... and the fact it folds out !!
    Yeah, I think when my mind was made up, I arrived at the 850 over the Z7... it is a very touch choice, each has very strong pluses. I like the smaller form factor of the Z7, but in the end the 850 is a proven workhorse tank (with much longer battery life). But like I said, I'm holding out for MF and just enjoying what I have for now, mainly focusing on film photography, though I still have several digi cams.

The GX9 appeals because I have the Black Magic pocket 4K cinema camera which uses M4/3 mount... so double duty for a portable still camera and my cinema rig... I mostly like big sensors though, hence why I want to skip the DSLR and go MF.

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Yeah, I think when my mind was made up, I arrived at the 850 over the Z7... it is a very touch choice, each has very strong pluses. I like the smaller form factor of the Z7, but in the end the 850 is a proven workhorse tank (with much longer battery life). But like I said, I'm holding out for MF and just enjoying what I have for now, mainly focusing on film photography, though I still have several digi cams.

The GX9 appeals because I have the Black Magic pocket 4K cinema camera which uses M4/3 mount... so double duty for a portable still camera and my cinema rig... I mostly like big sensors though, hence why I want to skip the DSLR and go MF.
    Maybe if there was a Z7Mk2 or Z8 or summink (i.e. the 2nd iteration where they’ve ironed out all the niggles of the Z7 .....

An epiphany arrived in my head when I was watching a northrup video where he said Nikon need to look after their existing customer base, why would they develop more Z series lenses to satisfy <10% (guessed) of their customer base, when they could develop a new F mount lens which would sell to 90% of their customer base.

I think he was saying Z mount isn’t gonna fly long term , they should have done a mirrorless Fmount camera - without the need for that FTZ adaptor.

I do have a OMD EM5 Mk2 and a handful of MFT lenses, but I’m not using it
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

8. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    a small crash and splash on the cruise ship LOL

IMG_1215 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I just picked up a SeaLife DC1400, underwater housing, underwater strobe, the fisheye lens for the housing and a host of other accessories. While SeaLife makes a 20 Mp version the 1400 is still being made. I paid ten cents on the dollar, so I think I can put up with the 14MP version.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

So I just bought an older Olympus micro 4/3 camera (an old E-P2 for uber cheap) and about to get Sigma 19mm f2.8 lens. I figure it would be good to start learning and get me started with a micro 4/3 setup.

But I am trying to figure out where to start as far as just learning to take good shots.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Blog Entries
    It was foggy tonight and I wanted to play with the pancake lens on my Canon mirrorless. Here are a couple:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

14. Likes OhDark30, geoffbot, Strela167 liked this post
    Nice!
    I particularly like the moodiness of the first one
    It’s been foggy here, I should get out and get experimenting
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!