Likes Likes:  483
Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera/Photography 'stuff'

Camera/Photography 'stuff'

My most recent effort was a photo walk with a mate along the canal by the M5 motorway

Took these with my iphone, also took the 35RC and 30s Agfa box: need to dev the films :-)

Middle pic is Smethwick Galton Bridge, built in 1829 by Thomas Telford
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

2. Likes Strela167, Dan R liked this post
    Managed to snag an old Sony Alpha A380 body for £35 from OFAS. I have lenses from my old Minolta Dynax SLR that can be used.

Just one thing wrong with it. The SteadyShot menu is greyed out.

Anyone have any experience with these? Is it just a matter of reflashing the firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Managed to snag an old Sony Alpha A380 body for £35 from OFAS. I have lenses from my old Minolta Dynax SLR that can be used.

Just one thing wrong with it. The SteadyShot menu is greyed out.

Anyone have any experience with these? Is it just a matter of reflashing the firmware?
    Well, it got here in record time. He stated 2nd class post (it was free) but sent it next day signed and well packaged.
    Indeed the SteadyShoot is greyed out but as I've never used that feature on any cameras, I'm not missing out.
    The only thing is the annoying flashing announcement on the screen and VF.
    Excellent photo quality compared to my Olympus superzoom.
    This weekend I'll try out the 80-200 zoom lens I have.

5. Likes Dan R, Strela167 liked this post
    Anyone got an X100V
    If so , what do you think
    Assume due to the ace lens and gubbins for close ups/zoom can use software
    Everytime there's a review read on these impressed , some nitpik , normal perhaps , but overall brill. Not a fan of the cost though.

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Well, it got here in record time. He stated 2nd class post (it was free) but sent it next day signed and well packaged.
    Indeed the SteadyShoot is greyed out but as I've never used that feature on any cameras, I'm not missing out.
    The only thing is the annoying flashing announcement on the screen and VF.
    Excellent photo quality compared to my Olympus superzoom.
    This weekend I'll try out the 80-200 zoom lens I have.
    Tried a few shots then the battery ran out . Need to buy another battery as I think the original has had it.

Cropped photo (from about 100ft up my garden).
    Not bad. Will try playing with the manual settings some more now that there's nowt else to do except stay at home.
    Stay safe everyone.

8. Likes gnuyork, Dan R liked this post

Blog Entries
    What? No pictures of pets? That is what I have been taking most of the pics of.

Just bought a Manfrotto Bella V bag for my Sony a380.
    Wanted a decent well padded and light bag. I have a 70's suede one that I was going to buy a padded insert for but it was way to heavy to begin with.
    This Manfrotto was the largest of the Bella range but it's really small! 24.5cm X 11cm X 16.5cm internal.
    It is designed to have the camera in a lens down "ready to use" position but I didn't like that (vulnerable?) so I removed one divider and it now lays sideways in the grip up position.
    Barely fits camera with 28-80mm lens mounted and my 70-200mm zoom in a second partition. No special pockets for memory cards but at £15 delivered I'm not going to complain.
    The one complaint is no shoulder pad on the wide strap so I'll have to fit one to stop it sliding off my shoulder.