Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best post you ever made?

Hybrid View

The best post you ever made?

A couple of days ago, in the Omega board I suggested a thread in which people posted their best watch photos and the quality of the response has been incredible, so, in that spirit...

I'm noticing that IWL membership numbers just keep growing, but that there isn't yet the depth of content to really go exponential. I'm also noticing that people seem to be dropping in from all over the place. Putting the two together, I have a suggestion. We all have a post or two that we are really proud of, either because it was outstanding in its own right or because it sparked a brilliant thread. There are members from all over and it would be fantastic to share the best we have posted elsewhere, perhaps even with some improvements that come with reflection.

It's a nice gesture to the this rather promising forum, it's a chance to share your best with a new audience and it'll make for an absorbing digest of the best of the web. What's not to like? If it's anything like the pictures in Omega, it'll be amazing.
    Last edited by Matt; Dec 1, 2014 at 08:21 PM.

I don't like blowing my own trumpet but one extremely similar to this one got lots of lookin' and kind comments the first time round:
    One by one, day by day - the remix

I had no idea at the start of posting the original that it would have so much love (475 likes and lots of nice comments) ... so if you never heard me say it.

(IWL version currently ongoing of course)

So instead of the self trumpet blowing , someone should perhaps nominate good ones?
    Last edited by Seriously; Dec 1, 2014 at 08:24 PM.

3. Likes Matt liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Or we could all go into the forum of our favorite brand/theme and make one solid post with content not seen anywhere else. Just to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    content not seen anywhere else.

Just for the record, the IWL version is content not seen elsewhere , fresh pics all the way ... that and three new watches

6. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    That was the very first thing I did! I was just enjoying it here and thinking how to make it fly without trying to ask too much of busy people. I'm sorry if that was a bad idea.

I was always rather proud of this one.
    Name:  The+Fence+Post.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  95.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    I was always rather proud of this one.
    Name:  The+Fence+Post.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  95.0 KB
    I remember that one, to be honest I think it leant itself ...... that's it, just leant itself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That was the very first thing I did! I was just enjoying it here and thinking how to make it fly without trying to ask too much of busy people. I'm sorry if that was a bad idea.
    Yes. This was my house-warming gift on the new forum from Matt. To the best of my knowledge, no other forum has this material.

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...nd-its-profits

We copied it to our library as well so it will be available for reference.

Jeannie

Savagely Average
    I have made at least 100K posts over the past 15 years. I have no clue what the best one was. It was probably something during my more aggressive days, when I thought I always had something to prove, when I REALLY enjoyed a good argument. Thank God those days are behind me.

12. Likes Der Amf, birdynamnam liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I have made at least 100K posts over the past 15 years. I have no clue what the best one was. It was probably something during my more aggressive days, when I thought I always had something to prove, when I REALLY enjoyed a good argument. Thank God those days are behind me.
    Yeah right.