Likes Likes:  7

Thread: The one I can't ever get off my mind

Blog Entries

The one I can't ever get off my mind

I've been at this watch game for a long time. This is the watch that no matter how many times I tell myself I don't need it or don't want it, I know I'm lying to myself. It's the epitome of Omega dive beauty. Why does this beast not let me rest:

2. Likes Bwana, MHe225 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Why does this beast not let me rest:?
    Simple - because you haven't bought it yet dear boy :-)

No argument here. It is the ultimate ultimate diver and I shopped them for nine months with no real price limit. Nothing else looks like it and based on actual dive test that were published by Watch Time it actually is a real usable diver by real professional divers. It takes the pasts and adds modern systems that improve things in every way. The clasp operation is awesome. I personally liked the white better. The case actually fits smaller wrists than you would believe. The only down is that it weighs quite a bit, but a common issue for these type of watches.

Last edited by Samanator; Dec 2, 2014 at 01:52 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes Scamp007, MHe225, -JP liked this post
    This is one of those watches that I certainly couldn't understand...until a few months back when I had the chance to actually try one. I'm not even a diver fan, but I was really impressed. I have to admit that there's something special about this Omega...

its a beautiful piece and classic Omega diver !!

Blog Entries
    BC, they had a white one on Ebay a few weeks ago for a buy it now of $3500. I almost jumped. But then that price seemed really really low.

I'll be honest when I first saw a picture of the original Ploprof on a watch forum many years ago I had to check the date and make sure it was not April 1. I really thought it was a photoshop creation. So then googling it I was shocked it was real. That came to be it's most defining feature to me being it's no compromise design. When these were released I was amazed that a watch could have equal parts polish design/bad assness/and accuracy.

Todd two things to note. The crown on this is so isolated that it does not have the feel and clicks that a 8500 PO does. Second the movement sounds more like a bell than a tick, which may be due to the very thick case or at least that was the best guess the Omega service tech at an event I attended a few years ago could make.

Since I'm an enabler I say go for it. You deserve having the best diver made!
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Iconic piece, just wish I had the wrist for it...I settled for the Baby
    Name:  Omega BP 2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  100.9 KB

11. Likes CamB, MHe225 liked this post
    I'm in the same boat as the OP: the PloProf has super appeal

By all accounts, I shouldn't even like the watch, but I do. Add to that the price ..... Still, I keep coming back. I managed to scratch the itch by opting for second best: very similar look, similar ruggedness, lower price and lighter (Ti version):

Name:  130202_Ocean7_LM7_6m.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  72.9 KB

Still, I find myself oogling the original, especially the white-dial version. Maybe history will repeat itself like my Parnis -> IWC journey ....

Name:  100927_IWC_Parnis_2m.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  101.8 KB
    (apologies for the poor picture)

Blog Entries
    I have the Ocean7 also. I was moderating the O7 forum for Mitch at the time.