Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tudor Pelagos vs Seiko SBDB009 SD Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    Pelagos is more versatile,the tuna is a beast in comparison,no hatin the tuna here,I have the SBDX011
    The SBDX011 is a lot bigger than the spring drive tuna in real life. My emperor flopped around on my wrist like a brick on a string. It was the most top-heavy and cumbersome watch I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch.

Have the MM600 and E Tuna and would choose both over the these two, Don't like the new Tuna SD.... Like the Pelagos better between the two.

Of the 2 I would choose the Tudor for sheer versatility.+ It's on my list of must haves,but I also love Ti.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I would go for the Tudor. I like both, but where the Tuna gains in cool factor, it falls short in practicality and versatility. The Tudor, on the other hand, can do any situation and not look out of place. Also, that clasp on the Tudor just seems like something worth getting the watch for alone.
    OWN
    Marathon JSAR G-Shock GW-530A, GA-100-1A1, G-9300-1 Mudman
    Seiko SKX007K2 Swatch High Wonder Maratac Large Pilot 2013 Russian AChS-1 panel clock
    Post first, edit for clarity later.

For me it's a no brainer as I feel the Tuna is one of the most unattractive watch (along with Ploprof for example) and least versatile. The Pelagos is a beauty and pretty versatile even tho not as much as a sub or PO. The TI case is awesome. Dial depth is so nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

Instagram: @Jeep99Dad

So, I finally came to the conclusion that I love bracelet divers so much that I would rather not have $4K tied up in one. It would limit my collection diversity greatly.

Then, as if WIS-dom has a spiritual purpose to life on Earth, the stars aligned and I crossed paths with Dan at Timeless again. Well, I have another SBDB009 on the way. I was discussing the prices on Rakuten and ebay with him. He made an offer that was not possible to refuse. Having US AD support and the 3-year Seiko USA warranty is great. I place a high value on the ability to send a JDM watch to Dan for expediting warranty and service needs for the life of the watch. I'm really happy with how this debate worked out.

Pics coming.

7. Likes Domo, ck1109 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So, I finally came to the conclusion that I love bracelet divers so much that I would rather not have $4K tied up in one. It would limit my collection diversity greatly.

Then, as if WIS-dom has a spiritual purpose to life on Earth, the stars aligned and I crossed paths with Dan at Timeless again. Well, I have another SBDB009 on the way. I was discussing the prices on Rakuten and ebay with him. He made an offer that was not possible to refuse. Having US AD support and the 3-year Seiko USA warranty is great. I place a high value on the ability to send a JDM watch to Dan for expediting warranty and service needs for the life of the watch. I'm really happy with how this debate worked out.

Pics coming.
    ♡ Tuna

9. Likes Rob liked this post
    i recently tried on the SD Tuna and was a fantastic piece. I tried on the GS Diver and SD Tuna side by side and quality IMO was on par. The thing is, I think the Tuna is great if you already have a classic style diver. Such as a Sub, SMP or the Tudor that can be worn for more occasions. For a one only watch, I'd get the Tudor and the Tuna would be great in the rotation. If you threw the Grand Seiko Diver into the mix, tables turn.