Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CASIO EDIFICE CHRONOGRAPHS

CASIO EDIFICE CHRONOGRAPHS

Who here owns one (or several)?

I had one for a short time - holding it for someone.
    I could see that is was very well made. And the 1/20 second counter was a delight to watch rotating like a freekin propeller.

So, why are they priced so low, when they're(or seem) so well-made?

What's the catch?
    Do they break down after a year or two?

I have always loved the aesthetics of the Casio Edifice. No idea why I've never bought one -- probably because I have way too many watches already.

At those price points, they're like tortillas: one could go through a bunch of em.

And t be honest, your super handsome Breitling did inspire me to look for a dual function (analogue + digital) alternative, not that I need it for anything.
    And I somehow ended up there. There is one that looks quite catchy, despite some drawbacks with the integrated rubber strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    At those price points, they're like tortillas: one could go through a bunch of em.

And to be honest, your super handsome Breitling did inspire me to look for a dual function (analogue + digital) alternative, not that I need it for anything.
    And I somehow ended up there. There is one that looks quite catchy, despite some drawbacks with the integrated rubber strap.
    Got any pics of the watch you're talking about?

And if you're looking for that look, you could always hunt for the Orients that I'd posted elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    And to be honest, your super handsome Breitling...
    Well, what can I say. My watches take after me.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Got any pics of the watch you're talking about?
    And if you're looking for that look, you could always hunt for the Orients that I'd posted elsewhere.
    No pics yet. I'll upload one later once I cull the list.

'Sup dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

8. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Orient Mako w. Sapphire Crystal Mod (Black) - 1947 Tudor Oyster - 1921 'Claridge' - Some Seiko 5's of various ages - Vostok Amphibia Blue Scuba Dude - Modded Soki & Bagelsports - Modded Orient Chicane 'Explorient' - HMT White Pilot LE - Shanghai - Vintage Citizen from 1971 - Quartz Casio dress watch - Casio G-Shock (Not sure of model, silver with analog hands) - Otron digital watch from the 70's.

10. Likes Seriously liked this post
    As an attempt to answer the OP: Regarding price, I believe Casio are able to leverage tremedous economies of scale.
    Orient Mako w. Sapphire Crystal Mod (Black) - 1947 Tudor Oyster - 1921 'Claridge' - Some Seiko 5's of various ages - Vostok Amphibia Blue Scuba Dude - Modded Soki & Bagelsports - Modded Orient Chicane 'Explorient' - HMT White Pilot LE - Shanghai - Vintage Citizen from 1971 - Quartz Casio dress watch - Casio G-Shock (Not sure of model, silver with analog hands) - Otron digital watch from the 70's.

Here are some picture's
    Name:  output_zpsb505jylj.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  output_zpstzf07grw.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  47.2 KB

13. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post