Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great to see everyone!

Great to see everyone!

Hey Guys and Gals,

Great to see so many people whose posts I've read and learned so much from over the years. Seeing that so many of you were moving over here, I decided to come check it out. I managed to get my first name as a username here (), so I think I will consider this a bit of a fresh start, and elect not to use or reveal the alias I have been using elsewhere. Most of you wouldn't recognize it anyway, as I had only been participating for a couple of years, chiming in here and there. My name is Ben, and I love watches as much as you do, and look forward to discussing this wonderful hobby with everyone over here! Cheers.

Blog Entries

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Thanks for stopping by and we hope you enjoy yourself.

As long as you're not my arch nemesis from the old place then you are most welcome!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes Ben, Upstate liked this post
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Aargh I can't quite remember your wus username! Driving me nuts. It's definitely something interesting, but.......

Ugh

howdy

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    My name is Ben
    As in the former BenL from WUS, the man with over 30,000 posts? Am I thinking of the same legendary dude?

11. Likes Ben liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    As in the former BenL from WUS, the man with over 30,000 posts? Am I thinking of the same legendary dude?
    I am familiar with him, and have read many of his posts. Not me though: I never spent nearly that much time on WUS! I can pretty much guarantee that no one here would recognize my WUS username if I revealed it anyway, as I had a pretty low post count, which was spread over a couple of years. No need to try and take guesses, as even if you somehow got it right I wouldn't tell you anyway!

Basically, the main reason I don't want to connect this account with my WUS one, is that I revealed by exact location more than once over there. I would simply rather not do that here, as, should I choose to discuss personal details such as my occupation here, which I never ever did on WUS, it would be pretty easy to figure out my real-life identity if one wanted to, as I live in a fairly sparsely populated area, with not a whole lot of folks who do what I do. Call me paranoid, and I understand that it probably seems a little silly, but I just don't think I want to make it too easy for either the people I know in real life to find me here, or for any stranger out there with internet access to be able to easily figure out exactly who I am. Call me paranoid, but I'd just rather have a certain level of anonymity when it comes to discussing several thousand dollar pieces of jewelry, something that some people can be pretty judgmental about.

13. Likes Seriously liked this post