Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: What was the first post ever on IWL? Who was the first member?

  1. #1
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,420

    What was the first post ever on IWL? Who was the first member?

    like the titel sez, what was the first post ever here? Actually there can be 2 first posts, the openingpost and the first "member"post. Who was the first MEMBER by the way?
    Just out of curiosity .....
    Kind regards,
    I-B

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    like the titel sez, what was the first post ever here? Actually there can be 2 first posts, the openingpost and the first "member"post. Who was the first MEMBER by the way?
    Just out of curiosity .....
    Kind regards,
    I-B
    Teeritz was the first non mod as far as I am aware, but as his sig says, he was number 28 to join so you'll have to ask a mod (or use search) You couldn't ask for a better person to post first though.

  3. Likes I-B liked this post
  4. #3

  5. Likes I-B liked this post
  6. #4
    The join number would be misleading because I assume the admins would have created plenty of test accounts and it wouldn't surprise me if they got spammers the day it went online.

  7. #5
    If you go to the members list you can sort by join date. I ignored the mods and the test accounts, that was the first I reached.

  8. Likes I-B liked this post
  9. #6
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    The join number would be misleading because I assume the admins would have created plenty of test accounts and it wouldn't surprise me if they got spammers the day it went online.
    Der Amf came a few days later

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Der Amf came a few days later
    TMI Name:  Spank.gif
Views: 65
Size:  729 Bytes

  11. Likes I-B liked this post
  12. #8
    Old but Crafty RayMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Almonte ON Canada
    Posts
    1,869
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    The join number would be misleading because I assume the admins would have created plenty of test accounts and it wouldn't surprise me if they got spammers the day it went online.
    We got our first spammer when the forum was completely closed for posting and was just one page facing the Internet. At that point we were Moderating all registrations including the staff, so we just deleted him. Never underestimate the annoyance factor of spammers.


    Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

  13. Likes Der Amf, I-B liked this post
  14. #9
    Higher Entity Jeannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    4,991
    Blog Entries
    1
    Teeritz made the first non mod post at IWL, in the Welcome thread in Omega. Our first member found us through our FaceBook page and joined before we were actually open. We had to manually approve him. Oddly enough, he has never posted.

    We had a handful of members that snuck in before the doors opened. Teeritz was one. Matt was another.

    Jeannie

  15. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch, I-B liked this post
  16. #10
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    32,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Teeritz made the first non mod post at IWL, in the Welcome thread in Omega. Our first member found us through our FaceBook page and joined before we were actually open. We had to manually approve him. Oddly enough, he has never posted.

    We had a handful of members that snuck in before the doors opened. Teeritz was one. Matt was another.

    Jeannie
    when did it officially open them
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us