Likes Likes:  178
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Things a person should do at least once in his life

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    On a less serious note:
    Attend a classic play by Oscar Wilde, 100 years after it was first presented on stage - and in the same theatre.
    Crikey, Ray. That's pretty bloody specific.
    Of course, you know that the only thing worse than not achieving your life's ambition....etc

I think that we are a creature of stories. It's not just what we do or what happens to us that changes us,
    it's the story we tell about it and how that story blends into the stories we already tell and will tell in the future.
    Our minds and bodies are shaped by our practice and our stories and getting that right is the one thing we should do.

Everything else will follow.

3. Likes M. Montaigne, Raza liked this post
    On a more serious note, everyone should jump out of a plane at least once and go sailing at least once.

Owning a pet is also a particularly rewarding experience. I like dogs, but obviously, not everyone is perfect and some of you enjoy cats. I'll still tolerate your presence, but will never visit your home.

5. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Of course, you know that the only thing worse than not achieving your life's ambition....etc

I think he's earnest, and that's important, but he'll struggle for the hundredth, the 120th possibly.

Perhaps this?

http://www.westendtheatre.com/31108/...ome-in-london/

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    On a more serious note, everyone should jump out of a plane at least once and go sailing at least once.

Owning a pet is also a particularly rewarding experience. I like dogs, but obviously, not everyone is perfect and some of you enjoy cats. I'll still tolerate your presence, but will never visit your home.

I've done it exactly once and I heartily disagree - no one should ever jump out of a plane that has an even number of wings and isn't thoroughly on fire. I'm with you on the sailing though, especially with decent wind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Easy when you've already done it.
    An Ideal Husband, London's Royal Theatre Haymarket. I sat there watching the show in that jewel of a theatre thinking "It doesn't get much better than this as far as a theatrical event goes."
    Another once in a lifetime thing is to visit the Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris where you can visit the graves of Chopin, Rossini, Wilde, Modigliani, Corot, Sarah Bernhardt, Jim Morrison, Gertrude Stein and Alice B Toklas all in one afternoon.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

9. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries

Aw, c'mon. This face is irresistable.

Name:  win.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  71.5 KB

Jeannie

11. Likes Spooky, popoki nui liked this post
    Last edited by M. Montaigne; Dec 2, 2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Avoid being bitchslapped by J$$$

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"Insect: Life in sections" _ Samuel Coleridge

See Naples !! ... in the buff... in broad daylight.