Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Helgray Silverstone Meca Quartz Chronograph on Kickstarter

Helgray Silverstone Meca Quartz Chronograph on Kickstarter

I've just backed this Kickstarter, I umm-ed and ah-ed but just couldn't resist its good looks. Now to spend the next few months deciding which colour. Initially the blue caught my eye, but now the black dial is growing on me...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

Then again there is green..

66abfcb9b5dbc614cea01ce8283d4103_large.jpg
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

2. Likes hanshananigan liked this post
    Have to say that's very appealing. Great size, classic looks and an interesting movement.

I manhandled the prototype of this back in the summer. Note that the minute subdial is sixty minutes not thirty and that the hand on that subdial is quite fat. I found it very difficult to get an accurate reading from it. *Very*

PS I haven't looked at the ks page so I've no idea if this detail will be the same on the production pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I manhandled the prototype of this back in the summer. Note that the minute subdial is sixty minutes not thirty and that the hand on that subdial is quite fat. I found it very difficult to get an accurate reading from it. *Very*
    I don't think I have ever used a chronograph to measure anything longer than a minute, only really buying cos it looks cool!
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

6. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch liked this post

PS I haven't looked at the ks page so I've no idea if this detail will be the same on the production pieces
    Are you one of those posers who wears a chronograph to time things rather than just because the dials look cool?

I have asked if there are any changes in the final production...

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Are you one of those posers who wears a chronograph to time things rather than just because the dials look cool?
    Not only do I time things with my chrono but the one I had didn't have any subdials

Not only do I time things with my chrono but the one I had didn't have any subdials
    Wow. Do you use, like, maths to count up the elapsed time?

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Wow. Do you use, like, maths to count up the elapsed time?
    When you changed the selector from time to chrono the hands all went to 12 o'clock ready to be used as a chrono. You could then change the selector back to time, and the chrono would keep running. Awesome watch. Seiko no longer make the movement

When you changed the selector from time to chrono the hands all went to 12 o'clock ready to be used as a chrono. You could then change the selector back to time, and the chrono would keep running. Awesome watch. Seiko no longer make the movement
    I remember you posting that one elsewhere. A beauty