Likes Likes:  39
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Helgray Silverstone Meca Quartz Chronograph on Kickstarter

Still, relatively speaking, Helgray / Nadim did pre-sell over 900 of these watches, probably mostly to non-WIS. So I am sure that the vast majority of buyers are very happy with their new watches.

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I like mine but I still may be sending it back. It seemed to be DOA when I got it and had no movement at all when hitting the chrono pusher, but came to life after I set it and fooled around with the hands and left it overnight. I saw they sent out an email saying that people were complaining that the watches were broken, when in fact it was just that they have no sweep hand. Mine was not one of these (I've owned a meca-quartz before and I'm familiar with the movement) but I can see how some are confused.

It is still keeping time, though hard to say how well without the seconds indicator. Unfortunately the minutes subdial resets closer to 59 than 0. Though I may just live with it as when I look at the many that are for sale, it seems to be anywhere from 59 to 01 depending on the watch. I'm not terribly OCD but I have other quartz chronos that cost much less and the hands align properly. This movement does not have a recalibration procedure so it would require a service to correct.

As for the chunky case, it is a bit out of proportion to the rest of the watch. I'm a dive watch guy and I like big watches, but a bit more sleek would be nice. Overall I'm not upset with the purchase, but if I could have the watch disappear today and be replaced with the money I paid, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Such is gamble with Kickstarter projects, and I will be more cautious in the future...

4. Likes is that my watch, scott59 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Unfortunately the minutes subdial resets closer to 59 than 0. Though I may just live with it as when I look at the many that are for sale, it seems to be anywhere from 59 to 01 depending on the watch.
    The prototype that I played with this time last year was also like that

6. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Mine arrived today. I am really happy with it. It does look thick, but that doesn't bother me. I like the colour, and it feels good on my wrist. Keeping it!

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

8. Likes OhDark30, scott59, OTGabe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Mine arrived today. I am really happy with it. It does look thick, but that doesn't bother me. I like the colour, and it feels good on my wrist. Keeping it!
    Update your sig
    Kody

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Me too. Mine is blue. Factory definitely changed the case and bezel. But I still like it so much anyway.

I live in Richmond, Virginia, USA. So we have a sort of relation. Though I'm not English,.
    Last edited by scott59; Aug 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    Update your sig
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by scott59 View Post
    Me too. Mine is blue. Factory definitely changed the case and bezel. But I still like it so much anyway.

I live in Richmond, Virginia, USA. So we have a sort of relation. Though I'm not English,.
    It's my surname not my location but I do want to see Richmond VA one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

12. Likes theague, scott59 liked this post
    Got mine on a camo strap for now, I'm sure it wasn't meant to look like this but I quite like it