Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: only three weeks !

only three weeks !

It was strange when Jeannie reminded me in an another thread ,that this forum is approximately only three weeks old or so in real practice ,it doesn't seem, to me at least that that is the time frame - seem to have been here much longer-although of course it was much longer for those responsible for its inception -seems like , apart from the limited content of course at this embryonic stage ,that it has been around for some time - and it is a credit to those who have gone from that 'idea' to how it is playing out and what seems to be a smooth transition into what no doubt will become a force to be reckoned with and certainly there is a freshness and much more relaxed approach by the mods than we have been used to , so as many were present there [mods] , i can only surmise they too were governed by the then politic of that forum , well done to those and indeed to the members who seem to have benefited from this new start -even those that we knew generally to be cantankerous -[no names -they know who they are] seem to be a little more mellow i do hope that continues -it can take some time for a lower league team to make its way into the premier division but it can and has happened many times -Name:  only-three-weeks-to-go.png
Views: 219
Size:  103.9 KB

I cannot believe the growth in members over the last few days.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

3. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I ought to knock you square in the teeth for calling me cantankerous.

Ok what does cantankerous mean?

Blog Entries
    Two months ago at this point we didn't even know our former site was going to be sold. By October 18 Gabe had our new home set up. By Nov 13 we were ready to open the doors. Nothing to it really.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

6. Likes popoki nui, shameless, jsw41 liked this post
    Doesn't seem that way to me, but that's just probably the state-tionalism talking...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chris:

8. Likes shameless, Nokie liked this post
    Did I just learn that a root word in cantankerous is the rancor monster?

That's bloody badass! And makes a lot of sense...
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

10. Likes shameless, bu11itt, geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    What I want to know is if the site's only been up for three weeks how have some members managed to amass over a thousand posts already?!? Christ, I was on the old site for over 9 months and only have 994 posts there. Do some of you people ever sleep?
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

12. Likes I-B, Hayseed Brown, Whoa, jsw41, scottjc liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    What I want to know is if the site's only been up for three weeks how have some members managed to amass over a thousand posts already?!? Christ, I was on the old site for over 9 months and only have 994 posts there. Do some of you people ever sleep?
    If you're talking about the mods, we've been here a lot longer. Also, I mod in The Lobby and post a lot of , , Welcome!, or variations thereof.

Jeannie

14. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    It was my succumbing to Tapatalk. I'm done for

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Did I just learn that a root word in cantankerous is the rancor monster?

That's bloody badass! And makes a lot of sense...
    think a breeding pair were found in Yorkshire in the 1920'sName:  Rancor-CHRON.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  111.2 KB

17. Likes tribe125, OTGabe, 93EXCivic liked this post