Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tempest Carbon - Forged Carbon Watch Under $1k

Tempest Carbon - Forged Carbon Watch Under $1k

First, I have no affiliation with this project beyond just knowing Ben and having had him loan me some watches for the Dallas GTG (psst next one is February) so this is strictly an outsider opinion. He launched this new watch on Kickstarter tonight and I'm honestly completely blown away. First of all the design is incredible. I love the shape of the case and the profile especially is just sexy as hell. The big deal here though is that it's a forged carbon case. I've never seen one under a price of many thousands and Ben is launching this one for only around $1k. Seriously this is just incredible. Check out his Kickstarter project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description

2. Likes Ace McLoud liked this post
    Hhmm, if it had a date and a dive bezel I'd be all over that. I imagine though incorporating dive bezel tech to that would be virtually impossible?
    I wonder how scratch resistant that material is? Carbon takes many forms from soft graphite to hard diamond.

Savagely Average
    I do not usually like "interesting" cases, but that looks outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

I really think it would have looked better in ss.. The orange don't match the case imo!
    But I love the "pelagos" kinda chapter ring

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

yea i love that chapter ring especially how the hour markers are cut into the chapter rings. the orange isnt my favorite though, wish if it does well they would offer different colors for the stretch goals. love that carbon forge case. my one gripe is how theres a line on the side. i think its because the case is made in halves and put together around the steel inner core. probably still get it though, guess its time to move some of my other micros
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

I think that line gets polished out. If you take a look at the video on Worn and Wound I don't see any line at all.