Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I hear the Certina DS1 calling me...or just the idea of it?

Do I hear the Certina DS1 calling me...or just the idea of it?

Virtually all my watches are shiny, dateless and seem to be actively interested in being attractive.

I'm sure that most of what I get in future will be in this vein, but I do find myself wondering how I would get on with a more austere, black-dialled daily-wearer style. The one that I keep coming back to is the Certina DS1. I've no reason to think the dial isn't totally plain, and that choice of date window is frankly bizarre for someone usually so averse to any kind date window and yet and yet.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-02-10-23-20_1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  39.6 KB

I'm all for hearing strong opinions here, either way, either about the watch or my taste, for that matter

Aside from the aesthetics, it wouldn't be a bad thing if I had one watch which was a bit more robust than my ageing vintage cuties.

What I've got at the moment:

Name:  Screenshot_2014-11-28-09-08-34_2.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  118.6 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; Dec 2, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

2. Likes T Bone, JAGtime liked this post
    Yeah it's a looker isn't it. Versatile and smart. Better on a bracelet I think
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    No danger of my wearing a bracelet, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Yeah it's a looker isn't it. Versatile and smart. Better on a bracelet I think
    Love how you've found a picture of the case looking lovely and delicate

I'm aware of its being a slightly less masculine version of the Calibre 5. Good thing twice over, from my perspective

I think it looks great (prefer black leather or croc to bracelet). What is the case size?
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I think it's 39mm, which is just right for a daily wearer or sporty style on my 6.75" wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think it's 39mm, which is just right for a daily wearer or sporty style on my 6.75" wrist
    When I asked, I was thinking 39mm would be the perfect size. Very nice!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Got allot of things going for it. Love the cross hair dial. The date sinks it for me though, the location is bad and the white outline makes it worse.

It's a nice looking watch, unable to work up a strong opinion either for or against but I would wear it.

14. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post
    It's a nice looking watch, unable to work up a strong opinion either for or against but I would wear it.
    It's definitely not a watch for lolling about with, is it? More for being purposeful and busy and ...

.... and this is where I wonder if I'm liking the idea of what the watch says more than the sight of it.....or maybe I'm hoping that wearing it would inspire me to being more resolute and purposeful?

Let's see, I've nine watches, so this would be my tenth. Am I busy and resolute once every week and a half? It has happened....

16. Likes JAGtime liked this post