Likes Likes:  4,393
Page 428 of 657 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 6564

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Trying to find a clean EP3 Civic Si is going to be tricky. All the ones I have found so far are ragged out.
    Patience is the key in these scenarios: Keep an eye on the small ads and estate sales.... There's always going to be one 'tucked away' unmolested... you just need to be 'there' when it emerges.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Patience is the key in these scenarios: Keep an eye on the small ads and estate sales.... There's always going to be one 'tucked away' unmolested... you just need to be 'there' when it emerges.
    Yeah I just need to find one before June so not in a hurry at all.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

So now Sony are venturing into the car market:

Attachment 94500

Only a prototype; but, could this be the way of the future ?..... It's not a million miles away from the Sci-Fi of not so long ago.
    I mean it looks pretty much like a tesla so yeah, the future, but also the present!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    The more I think about it, the more the GT350 seems like the car to get. The era of the internal combustion engine may be coming to an end and this would be one hell of a car to give it a send off in. I can pick up a side convertible later.

Have you driven any E9x M3s? V8, RWD, manual trans. Generally reliable, throttle actuators and rod bearings can be issues as you get some miles on them.

I drove an E93 with 18k miles yesterday. Other than a clunk in the top (assume it needs to be adjusted), it was a great car. No bottom end (like my E60 V10 M5), but just a great driving car. Hardtop convertible is heavy, but I have a real car for speed. Just looking for something more daily driver-able and fun at street legal speeds.

Same dealer had some cool M coupes (and several low mile E46 M3s). A 2007 Interlagos Blue with 14k miles and a 2001 silver S54 car with 48k miles; both cars were $44k. Values on these are really high right now.

Name:  20200222_162547.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  20200222_132208.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  41.5 KB

5. Likes Raza liked this post
    I thought it was permanently summer down your way ! ... or does your Dad live elsewhere ?
    Pennsylvania. My XK8 has actually been camped at his house for about a year. So the T-Bird is sort of a cousin to the Jag.
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 24, 2020 at 02:52 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Pennsylvania. My XK8 has actually been camped at his house for about a year. So the T-Bird is sort of a cousin to the Jag.
    That generation Thunderbird wasn't actually related to the XK8. I believe it was co-developed with Jaguar, but the XK8's platform was largely based on the XJS platform (as was the Aston Martin DB7). The Thunderbird is underpinned by the same platform as the Lincoln LS and Jaguar S-Type.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

The cars and bikes thread!

So now Sony are venturing into the car market:

Attachment 94500

Only a prototype; but, could this be the way of the future ?..... It's not a million miles away from the Sci-Fi of not so long ago.
    According to Motor Trend this was displayed mostly to show Sony’s tech in various types of sensors and cameras used for driverless automation, software and internal displays and controls for other future car systems. Absolutely no technical details were given on the car, just the technology bits and bobbles. Sony apparently has something on the order of 30-40 external cameras and sensors needed for full autonomous driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 25, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Sold my 2017 ZL1 A10 convertible, bought a 2008 E93 M3 w/19k miles and pocketed a bunch of cash

My local independent BMW shop did a PPI and gave it a clean bill of health, so we did the deal yesterday. Not sure I'm in love with the puddle lights the previous owner installed, but it's otherwise perfect.

-- Wayne
    Last edited by happyscrappyheropup; Feb 26, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Sold my 2017 ZL1 A10 convertible, bought a 2008 E93 M3 w/19k miles and pocketed a bunch of cash

My local independent BMW shop did a PPI and gave it a clean bill of health, so we did the deal yesterday. Not sure I'm in love with the puddle lights the previous owner installed, but it's otherwise perfect.

-- Wayne
    Very cool, I like it. You kinda get used to the puddle lights, but if not easy enough to swap out. Took me about 1 min per side to do mine.

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Very cool, I like it. You kinda get used to the puddle lights, but if not easy enough to swap out. Took me about 1 min per side to do mine.
    Thanks, should be easy to swap back. Previous owner only did the puddle lights and swapped out the factory grill for the all black versions.

-- Wayne