Likes Likes:  4,424
Page 158 of 664 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 6636

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Want!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...delCode1=GOLFR

In the US, stupidly, the MkVII Golf R is not available with a sunroof. But the MkVI was. It's got less power, but plenty still.
    I did some test driving a year ago when I was considering replacing my Mk4. Just to throw an opinion out when I drove them back to back, the Scirocco R is better in every way, except perhaps practicality. It just drives with more "excitement" while the Golfy was a bit too smoooth. The interior was also really nice, and felt a bit more special.

(pls forgive DSG in this stolen pic)

2. Likes gnuyork, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    I did some test driving a year ago when I was considering replacing my Mk4. Just to throw an opinion out when I drove them back to back, the Scirocco R is better in every way, except perhaps practicality. It just drives with more "excitement" while the Golfy was a bit too smoooth. The interior was also really nice, and felt a bit more special.

DSG is forgiven...only this once

4. Likes Domo liked this post
    Blog Entries

I would get the Scirocco, if not for three reasons:
    1. I want four doors
    2. I'll still have the Z4, so I'll have my hardcore driving experience
    3. They never sold the Scirocco here.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    DSG is forgiven...only this once
    It's not something I'd try getting away with more than once

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I would get the Scirocco, if not for three reasons:
    1. I want four doors
    2. I'll still have the Z4, so I'll have my hardcore driving experience
    3. They never sold the Scirocco here.
    Reason no. 3 makes a compelling argument I s'pose
    I didn't try any other hatches at the time, I was more looking for 4 doors too but though "ehh I'm here, I'll try". I thought the current gen 3 series and C class had the most appalling interiors (for the price) I couldn't even focus on the drive. The IS350 and RC350 were surprisingly good in every way (if that's your thing) but the current A5 seemed like the best car in the class to me. Just don't think I'd ever go VW group again. It would have been nice to try some Jags but I didn't.
    Last edited by Domo; Feb 10, 2017 at 04:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's not something I'd try getting away with more than once

EDIT:

Reason no. 3 makes a compelling argument I s'pose
    I didn't try any other hatches at the time, I was more looking for 4 doors too but though "ehh I'm here, I'll try". I thought the current gen 3 series and C class had the most appalling interiors (for the price) I couldn't even focus on the drive. The IS350 and RC350 were surprisingly good in every way (if that's your thing) but the current A5 seemed like the best car in the class to me. Just don't think I'd ever go VW group again. It would have been nice to try some Jags but I didn't.
    It's funny; I have such a strong emotional connection to Volkswagen from my positive experiences (through personally trying times) in my B5 Passat and my A5 Jetta that Volkswagen is top of the pile for me. The Golf R does everything a 3 series would do, and likely be more reliable, as well as more practical. The 3 series interior has been disappointing since the E90, and, frankly, I'd only buy another sedan under extraordinary circumstances. If I don't split an SUV with my brother, my top three cars are the B6 Golf R, the Evo X, and the B7 Golf R (no sunroof knocks it below the other two).

9. Likes Domo liked this post
    The F30 3 series interior is way nicer than any golf. Also, it's rwd, which the golf r ain't.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

11. Likes Jato liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    The F30 3 series interior is way nicer than any golf. Also, it's rwd, which the golf r ain't.
    1. I highly doubt the F30's interior is nicer than the MkVII's. Sorry mate, but I've been at this longer than you have. Sometimes car interiors look nice on the surface, but to a discerning eye, you see that the materials aren't what they are, and the build quality is lacking. Textbook example is the leather and wood draped car I had, an E320, replaced by a Passat, which was mostly plastic and had leatherette. And yet, the half price (actually less than half price) Passat had a much better built interior.
    2. Read the room, homie! I don't want another RWD car. I need something that I can drive when RWD is a liability. I'm buying a second car, for when the Z4 is grounded due to weather and/or needing more space. AWD is top priority, FWD is a distant second choice.

I'm looking for:
    AWD
    Manual
    Fun to drive
    Practical
    Compact class
    Sunroof
    Leather
    Navigation preferred
    Somewhat reliable

I'll hang on the Z4 for a while, then maybe replace it with a Z4M. There aren't many sports cars that do it for me right now. The F-Type, yes, but that's about it. And that has a SLOOOOW top. Z4 is down in 8.5 seconds, F-Type takes like three times that.
    Last edited by Raza; Feb 10, 2017 at 09:51 AM.

Painful watching some (all!!) of these

All the gear and no idea
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

14. Likes Domo liked this post
    I saw an article (well a feature) in a magazine about the new Alfa Sedan. That looks Hot Hot Hot, but no manual trans Still, I'd drive it for a daily if circumstances allowed.

16. Likes 93EXCivic, geoffbot, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I saw an article (well a feature) in a magazine about the new Alfa Sedan. That looks Hot Hot Hot, but no manual trans Still, I'd drive it for a daily if circumstances allowed.

I figure in three years when I'm ready to replace the Panamera, they'll have all the bugs sorted out on this one. Or Alfa will have decided to exit the US market. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk