Likes Likes:  4,425
Page 453 of 664 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 6636

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Wow! 8200 REV on a V8???? That would be very tempting for me as well...

They're slow pigs, fun to drive, and they make all the right noises. It's a coupe with the top up, nice and tight, still fairly quiet. I like it a lot and the wife will drive it, unlike my Z06 or ZL1.

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Didn’t the Pao dissolve in the rain?
    IDK I'll have to check. From what have seen though Britain is a lot harder on cars then Japan and certainly a lot harder then down here in the Southeast US.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Yes, our winter salting and gritting can take its toll, but most modern (or fairly recent) cars can shrug it off.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yes, our winter salting and gritting can take its toll, but most modern (or fairly recent) cars can shrug it off.
    But down here even older cars can survive with few rust problems. I have seen old British cars even with little rust that have not been restored.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I really dislike that site. Made a bunch of cool stuff blow up out of my price range.
    I've always wondered if they've become the Hodinkee of the car world.

With baby #4 on the way I seriously want a Buick Roadmaster with the LT1 engine. I think it would be hilarious driving around in a old station wagon with a Corvette engine under the hood.

This would be me leaving the car pool line at the kids school: https://youtu.be/9NjGEGL0gfc?t=74

It would be even better if it had wood paneling.

8. Likes geoffbot, pacifico66 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Older 911s have a pretty solid reputation for reliability, though, don’t they? I would also imagine the older cars are much simpler and thus easier to maintain and work on than the newer cars.
    An old boss, had an old 911 and he said the maintenance costs were really high. He also said things would break here and there, but never reported any major issues, like a blown engine. Also, a college roommate's Dad had an old, low milage, 911. He would like us take it out and we drove it like any young 20 year old males would. It was like driving a high powered go chart. You don't get that kind of fun in modern cars.

I really want another fastback Mustang, but I need to get my business going and my savings replenished first. I've also thought about a Triumph TR6 as they are a lot more affordable. Something like this would be pretty fun:

10. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Something like this would be pretty fun:

Oh yeah!

An old boss, had an old 911 and he said the maintenance costs were really high. He also said things would break here and there, but never reported any major issues, like a blown engine. Also, a college roommate's Dad had an old, low milage, 911. He would like us take it out and we drove it like any young 20 year old males would. It was like driving a high powered go chart. You don't get that kind of fun in modern cars.

I really want another fastback Mustang, but I need to get my business going and my savings replenished first. I've also thought about a Triumph TR6 as they are a lot more affordable. Something like this would be pretty fun:

Needs to be British Racing Green, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With baby #4 on the way I seriously want a Buick Roadmaster with the LT1 engine. I think it would be hilarious driving around in a old station wagon with a Corvette engine under the hood.

This would be me leaving the car pool line at the kids school: https://youtu.be/9NjGEGL0gfc?t=74

It would be even better if it had wood paneling.

Number 4?! Jesus Matt...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague