Likes Likes:  4,414
Page 456 of 661 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 6606

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Amazing share!! Never heard of it. Thanks.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

My brother in law drove this down for a visit this weekend. He traded his 3rd gen white/red SRT8 Jeep for a 3rd gen white/red Jeep Trackhawk.

Name:  IMG_20200919_065221-01.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  53.9 KB

I got to log some miles in it on Saturday. It was fun as a novelty. Ride was surprisingly good, handling was better than usual not great SUV handling, not as good as the Cayenne GTS I owned. Acceleration from a dig and a roll was good, the noises it makes are really nice. Lots of blower whine with a little exhaust. Not something I'd own, but I'm glad he owns it and I get to drive it.

3. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    And 4x4????

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    And 4x4????

It is 4WD.

Somewhere near me a guy has a Trackhawk and we pass on the local roads. EVERY time we meet he zooms past me with the exhaust roaring, then falls back and does it again. It makes me want to buy him lunch!
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Sep 28, 2020 at 08:00 PM.

7. Likes Samanator liked this post
    I just place two reservations for a new Bronco. Just to be safe I ordered both a two and four door. They claim I can change the level but it was not clear if I could change between two and four door so it's just an extra $100 that is fully refundable. The four door is a Badlands model which is the most capable off-road version and has features like the higher end transfer case, electronic disconnect sway front bar, rubber floors with drain plug and Marine Grade Vinyl seats so it will be a great beach car. The Two door is the WildTrack model which has many of the upgrades standard Like the Sasquatch. package that includes 35" tires, lift, rock rails and a few other things. This also has the higher end transfer case and is the only model that comes standard with the V6 Turbo engine which as standard includes the trail turn assist (drags the inside rear wheel when make a turn in four low), and one pedal driving. Colors and options are selected when the reservation turns to an order later this year. Vehicles will not arrive until June 2021 and I understand there are nearly 200K reservations so this is more likely a 2022. Plenty of time to lock down which one and trim level I want.

I've had a four door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon about 10 years ago. The new Wrangler are nice, but I'm not certain I trust the engines since they are Fiat sourced, There is suppose to be one with the Hemi v8 this year, but I think I like the Bronco better. Selling the LC500 will easily pay for which ever of these I buy, and put some decent money back in the bank.

Last edited by Samanator; Oct 8, 2020 at 02:49 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes geoffbot, gnuyork, Raza liked this post
    A much shorter wait than for a Daytona.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Somewhere near me a guy has a Trackhawk and we pass on the local roads. EVERY time we meet he zooms past me with the exhaust roaring, then falls back and does it again. It makes me want to buy him lunch!
    You are in Lakeland Chuck (I thought you moved around Daytona?)? We have friends that own a paving company there, and he has a black one of those, three Teslas and a pile of other motor toys. I've been in that and the model S Tesla which has the all wheel drive and the big battery. We did a few Ludicrous runs in the S that will eat the Jeep alive. It just doesn't sound as good or as the Jeep.
    Last edited by Samanator; Oct 8, 2020 at 03:07 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    A much shorter wait than for a Daytona.
    . Maybe they will arrive at the same time?
    Cheers,

Michael

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    You are in Lakeland Chuck (I thought you moved around Daytona?)? We have friends that own a paving company there, and he has a black one of those, three Teslas and a pile of other motor toys. I've been in that and the model S Tesla which has the all wheel drive and the big battery. We did a few Ludicrous runs in the S that will eat the Jeep alive. It just doesn't sound as good or as the Jeep.
    We were in Daytona for 3 years, bought this house in Lakeland in November 2019, completed the move by Match 2020 when the old house lease was up.

A Tesla in Ludicrous will eat almost anything, especially a heavy ass SUV, even one with the Hellcat 700HP engine.

True story: One time I was driving on I-4 doing my usual 77mph and a slick looking car of some sort was sitting in the left side emergency/pull over lane. Just as I passed him I could see his headlights tilt/move a bit and I knew he had launched. Before I could blink he passed me like the Starship Enterprise in warp drive. I swear all I saw was a streak and he was on me and passed me in a blink. I couldn't tell if it was a Tesla or an exotic. All-wheel drive electric high performance cars can be insane on the launch. Electric motors have all of their torque available instantly.
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Oct 8, 2020 at 04:00 AM.