Likes Likes:  4,425
Page 103 of 664 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6636

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Not true, pretty sure that tires of some sort are also standard. . You're right, though, they'll never be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just saying, you look at a Porsche's base price, then add $20,000, and you'll have a car that might actually drive off the lot on its own power.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I ran a Tiguan for over three years and can't fault it. If the new model had been launched when I had to order the replacement I would have had that without a second thought. Doesn't satisfy the badge snobs like the Audi, BMW, etc but it's an excellent car for the money.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

I know a 25 year old Mercedes driver who just moved to a tiguan and loves it. I don't know if he test drove a new merc too or just the VW, so it may not be a fair comparison as newer cars are inevitably 'nicer' to drive/be in but still.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I know a 25 year old Mercedes driver who just moved to a tiguan and loves it. I don't know if he test drove a new merc too or just the VW, so it may not be a fair comparison as newer cars are inevitably 'nicer' to drive/be in but still.
    When I went from a 2002 E320 to a 2004 Passat, I was shocked by the difference in quality--for the most part, that there wasn't any. Yes, the Mercedes used wood and real leather, whereas the Passat was plastic and leatherette, but damn if the Passat's interior wasn't put together better. It's the kind of thing you can't see in an interior picture. You see the leather and the wood and it looks great, but when you get up close, you see the gaps between the pieces, and two years in, you see the pieces that fell off or broke or where the leather irreparably succumbed to basic use. And where after 4 years and 60,000 miles, the Passat's interior held up like it was day 3.

But when it's this around the corner:

against now:

On looks alone I'd be disappointed every time I looked at it for the next three years. Unless I got it on a $200 a month lease, that is. R-Line 4Motion isn't bad. $30,000 and fully loaded. Except...wait....is there no navigation?
    Last edited by Raza; Aug 10, 2016 at 08:42 PM.

The new one looks very handsome indeed.

7. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    You might try a Jaguar F-Pace? Another option is the Infinity QX30. It is supposedly 95% a Mercedes GLA with some better looking sheet metal and $2K less. The GLA has done better in reviews than the Porsche Macan, but that was at a higher trim level(read higher price).

http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...n=awdailydrive
    Last edited by Samanator; Aug 10, 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    You might try a Jaguar F-Pace? Another option is the Infinity QX30. It is supposedly 95% a Mercedes GLA with some better looking sheet metal and $2K less. The GLA has done better in reviews than the Porsche Macan, but that was at a higher trim level(read higher price).

http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...n=awdailydrive
    The F-Pace is an interesting thought; I'm worried about pricing and new model reliability. So many kinks get worked out the first model year, especially when it's a brand new model with no predecessor. It's a great looking thing, though.

The Infiniti is an interesting thing. I'm not a huge fan of Infiniti to begin with, and then you add in Mercedes, and it's two companies I don't really like. I mean, I don't think I'd buy a Mercedes again, not without 10 solid years of reliability. My 02, my mom's 02, and my dad's 96 all had major, and sometimes life-ending (the car's life) issues. I'm gunshy now with the three pointed star. My mom's CLS550 has been good so far, but it lives a sheltered life. Very few miles.

QX30 and GLA both seems a bit too small to me, especially for the prices they'll command. Tiguan seems more appealing.

Typical Lawyer cars:

• Audi A8/A6/Mercedes E-class/Lexus for the big firm types or general counsel
    • BMW X5/Lexus RX350 if they live in Minnesota
    • Collector german sports car (BMW/Porsche) for cool attorneys
    • Prius/Volt/Leaf for the eco-lawyers
    • Volvo for real estate
    • Toyota for small firms

The bus if you're still learning

11. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    or just get this:

Attachment 51161

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    The F-Pace is an interesting thought; I'm worried about pricing and new model reliability. So many kinks get worked out the first model year, especially when it's a brand new model with no predecessor. It's a great looking thing, though.

The Infiniti is an interesting thing. I'm not a huge fan of Infiniti to begin with, and then you add in Mercedes, and it's two companies I don't really like. I mean, I don't think I'd buy a Mercedes again, not without 10 solid years of reliability. My 02, my mom's 02, and my dad's 96 all had major, and sometimes life-ending (the car's life) issues. I'm gunshy now with the three pointed star. My mom's CLS550 has been good so far, but it lives a sheltered life. Very few miles.

QX30 and GLA both seems a bit too small to me, especially for the prices they'll command. Tiguan seems more appealing.
    Have you considered the Acura MDX? Several people I work with have them, and absolutely love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Samanator liked this post