Likes Likes:  4,414
Page 357 of 661 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 6606

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I’ve been doing this for years. I have the filter for the rinse water. I really don’t touch the car. The foam canon and the pressure washer after the wheels have been cleaned get all the dirt off. Then a spray with a no spot sheeting agent and rinse with the filtered water. I blow out the mirrors, grill wheels, trim and door jambs with the high velocity air blower. I do wipe the glass with a Chamois, but otherwise nothing touches the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Really? Sounds like I need a foam lance and pressure washer. I'm dubious about the wheels though - mine get black with filth.

As for water particle filters I haven't found one yet, believe it or not. Though with sheeting it's no longer necessary.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Beware pressure washers and tyres, apparently. The sidewalls can be damaged by more powerful washers, or if you get too close.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Really? Sounds like I need a foam lance and pressure washer. I'm dubious about the wheels though - mine get black with filth.

As for water particle filters I haven't found one yet, believe it or not. Though with sheeting it's no longer necessary.
    My wife's QX30 which is mostly Mercedes components has the German type pads. I use Chemical guys wheel cleaner thta I leave on for five minutes and wash off with the pressure washer. This is followed up with the foam gun, a rinse with the presure washer, and then the filtered water. Then I blow them out good with the air dryer. They come out perfect.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Beware pressure washers and tyres, apparently. The sidewalls can be damaged by more powerful washers, or if you get too close.
    I use a lower (1250psi) pressure electric pressure washer on the car. I would never use my gas 4200 3.5 gpm pressure washer on the car. I would expect it could take paint off since they use them commercially to strip off paint on old houses and fences. I've seen it cut through a rubber work boot so I imagine it could cut a tire. I use this to clean the house, driveway, patios, roof tiles and sidewalks. I have the buffer like attachment that cuts the time to clean a flat surfaces to about a tenth of what it does with a wand.

One other thing that is good with the electric pressure washer on the car is it takes of wax residue in the crevices pretty easily.
    Last edited by Samanator; May 14, 2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Interesting. Almost a real electric alternative where the Tesla model three was suppose to be price wise.
    I still want to see over 400 miles range to consider one.
    https://autoweek.com/article/green-c...n=awdailydrive
    Last edited by Samanator; May 14, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

I use a lower (1250psi) pressure electric pressure washer on the car.

That should be OK. This article recommends 110 bar (1595 psi) or less, and a minimum jet distance of 20cm (8”).

https://www.tyresafe.org/media-centr...ge-your-tyres/

Interesting. Almost a real electric alternative where the Tesla model three was suppose to be price wise.
    I still want to see over 400 miles range to consider one.
    https://autoweek.com/article/green-c...n=awdailydrive
    Anything on performance?

I'm getting an alarm put on my bike tomorrow, I caught scumbags eyeing it up on camera so it's been living in the house for the last few days

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    I'm getting an alarm put on my bike tomorrow, I caught scumbags eyeing it up on camera so it's been living in the house for the last few days

Maybe they're just admiring it

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Maybe they're just admiring it
    Admiring it in the middle of the night and then back the next afternoon to admire my lock and ground anchor when I was at work

Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches