Likes Likes:  4,414
Page 446 of 661 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 6606

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

I pay £36 a month for a Mercedes Care Plan. That doesn’t seem bad for a C-class.

In four years, I can’t think of anything that it hasn’t covered. No sneaky exclusions. I wasn’t entirely sure about it at the outset, but a Mercedes mechanic said it made good sense. It includes breakdown cover too.

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I pay £36 a month for a Mercedes Care Plan. That doesn’t seem bad for a C-class.

In four years, I can’t think of anything that it hasn’t covered. No sneaky exclusions. I wasn’t entirely sure about it at the outset, but a Mercedes mechanic said it made good sense. It includes breakdown cover too.
    I tend to keep my cars well past the warranty expiration, and for German cars I always get the extended coverage. One bad thing and poof, it's paid for itself. And if nothing bad happens, I still have the peace of mind.

Yup, I have the extended warranty too - for exactly the same reasons. I can’t remember what I paid this year, so it can’t have been a lot.

The Mrs is back on two wheels...

Name:  20200721_180051.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  20200721_190157.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  20200721_190032.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  120.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Wicked. Would love a missus that rode!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes OrangeSport liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Dealers make their profits on used car resale, repair and new car sales, in that order...
    Oh no doubt. I'm sure they did well on my old Camry that I traded in.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

If I would have bought my car new I would have invested in the Audi care. Covers all of the service intervals, plus whatever else comes up.

Not everyday sight on a British road, well not since 1942 ! Seemed to have all the right bits that came with it , lovely Name:  20200730_134940.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  46.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shameless; Jul 30, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup, crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Not strictly my kind of car, but I kind of dig the new Bronco. Any of you planning on committing some murders and going on the run in one?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...pecs-revealed/

I'm actually thinking about putting one on order. I had a Rubicon Jeep Wrangler 4 door back in 2011 and enjoyed it. I made two key mistakes with that one. First I got a manual without my wife test driving one. She can dive a manual, but the seats in those all the way up she could not push the clutch in enough to be able to shift without sliding up to the edge of the seat. Second mistake was not to get the hard top or the dual top option. A run up and back to Orlando (about 3.5 hours from me) had my brain scrambles from the noise. I've road in the hard top version, and it is so much quieter. Since I have a rule not to have vehicles my wife cannot drive the Jeep only stayed 2.5 years.

I found out if you have a Mustang Club of America you can purchase at employee pricing via Ford X Plan. I'm waiting on my X plan pin. Deposits are $100 and are refundable so I may configure two and then decided when time to purchase if I want either one of them. Color would have to be either the orange or the green grey color. Apparently it may not come until 2022 so it would be just like buying a Rolex or Omega. Order and wait. Would be a fun beach runner, and the top options would make it cool. Plus according Motor Trend the length is 189.4" so it is 20.6 inches shorter than the Honda Ridgeline I had (that she felt was too long) and 5.6" shorter than her Lexus ES 350. This one will be a four door twin turbo V6, auto (10 speed), the 35" tires, all the safety systems, and at least have the hardtop if not the dual top. I think I want the wash out interior which will make it better for beach runs and all the sand around here(sand is soil). It's early in the process so this could go away after more thought. At the moment it seems like a cool option. Smarter move may be to keep my LC500 and buy a Subaru Outback to run to the beach and errands in? Right now we don't have anything that you can haul larger things in.
    Last edited by Samanator; Aug 5, 2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

12. Likes litlmn, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    Not everyday sight on a British road, well not since 1942 ! Seemed to have all the right bits that came with it , lovely
    He was just going to get a coffee.

My Father-in-Law has been lusting after "a proper Jeep" for years, but they don't come cheap.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

14. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I'm actually thinking about putting one on order. I had a Rubicon Jeep Wrangler 4 door back in 2011 and enjoyed it. I made two key mistakes with that one. First I got a manual without my wife test driving one. She can dive a manual, but the seats in those all the way up she could not push the clutch in enough to be able to shift without sliding up to the edge of the seat. Second mistake was not to get the hard top or the dual top option. A run up and back to Orlando (about 3.5 hours from me) had my brain scrambles from the noise. I've road in the hard top version, and it is so much quieter. Since I have a rule not to have vehicles my wife cannot drive the Jeep only stayed 2.5 years.

I found out if you have a Mustang Club of America you can purchase at employee pricing via Ford X Plan. I'm waiting on my X plan pin. Deposits are $100 and are refundable so I may configure two and then decided when time to purchase if I want either one of them. Color would have to be either the orange or the green grey color. Apparently it may not come until 2022 so it would be just like buying a Rolex or Omega. Order and wait. Would be a fun beach runner, and the top options would make it cool. Plus according Motor Trend the length is 189.4" so it is 20.6 inches shorter than the Honda Ridgeline I had (that she felt was too long) and 5.6" shorter than her Lexus ES 350. This one will be a four door twin turbo V6, auto (10 speed), the 35" tires, all the safety systems, and at least have the hardtop if not the dual top. I think I want the wash out interior which will make it better for beach runs and all the sand around here(sand is soil). It's early in the process so this could go away after more thought. At the moment it seems like a cool option. Smarter move may be to keep my LC500 and buy a Subaru Outback to run to the beach and errands in? Right now we don't have anything that you can haul larger things in.
    I'd prefer the Bronco to the Outback in your situation. One, the Bronco is infinitely cooler than the Outback, but on pure utility, the sand issue would push me to the hose-out Bronco over the Outback. Subaru has spent the last decade or so becoming less agricultural and more plush, so while the Outback is the car of choice for the suburban occasional camper and/or parent of 1-2 children, I think the Bronco would fit your needs better.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

16. Likes Samanator liked this post