Likes Likes:  4,423
Page 544 of 662 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 6620

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Enthusiasts like back to basics cars without all that touchscreen crap right

https://www.drive.com.au/news/lada-p...bags-or-radio/
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes tribe125, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Enthusiasts like back to basics cars without all that touchscreen crap right

https://www.drive.com.au/news/lada-p...bags-or-radio/
    I'd be interested to see what the 14inch steering wheel with hubcaps looks like.

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Oh blimey this looks looks good https://youtu.be/yA6AiyZP3H8

Jason camissa is my favourite car journo. And Chris Harris.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Oh blimey this looks looks good https://youtu.be/yA6AiyZP3H8

Jason camissa is my favourite car journo. And Chris Harris.
    I just recently watched that video. It’s very well done and he makes a lot of points that I’ve brought up in discussions before, just to a much smaller audience.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

7. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Does anyone still follow Clarkson, Hammond, and May?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post

Once they were off the BBC, I lost sight of them. It had all got a bit tired, anyway. Isn’t Clarkson now a bit old for that brand of blokiness?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Absolutely. Their Amazon show, The Grand Tour got off to a rocky start, but by season 3, it was excellent again. Now they’re no longer doing regular episodes, they’re simply doing the large epic road trips, sometimes a boat trip. They come out every few months as part of “season 4”. They’re mini-movies, up to two hours each.

Clarkson’s Farm is also a fantastic bit of television.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Absolutely. Their Amazon show, The Grand Tour got off to a rocky start, but by season 3, it was excellent again. Now they’re no longer doing regular episodes, they’re simply doing the large epic road trips, sometimes a boat trip. They come out every few months as part of “season 4”. They’re mini-movies, up to two hours each.

Clarkson’s Farm is also a fantastic bit of television.
    Yeah the Farm is in my queue. Watched a few minutes just to see if I should add it. Liked what I saw.

Yesterday, saw an Aston Martin just slightly ahead of me in the right lane at a stop light, so I could see the rear 3/4 of the car. I'm not sure which model it was, but is was understated, yet very sleek. Just damn pretty. Now makes me want one (not that I'm ready to afford one yet). But damn.

Didn't help that we finally saw No Time to Die this weekend streaming on Amazon.

I remember a few years ago my independent Lotus mechanic (who also works on Aston Martin) said I could have purchased a used older V8 Vantage (with manual transmission) for a very reasonable price. He just picked one up himself. I had just purchased the Miata shortly before visiting him. At the time, I was thinking that's cool, but I'm very much enjoying the brand new Miata... and I still do (the mechanic also races spec Miata, so he's a fan too)... But... hindsight... now I'm thinking I'd much rather have the Aston. I just took my Lotus to him last weekend again for some routine maintenance. I literally have not driven the car in two years or more. When I pick it up, I'm going to ask him if used AMs are still reasonable - probably not the way care prices have been climbing. I'd trade the Miata in a heartbeat now.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jun 30, 2022 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Yesterday, saw an Aston Martin just slightly ahead of me in the right lane at a stop light, so I could see the rear 3/4 of the car. I'm not sure which model it was, but is was understated, yet very sleek. Just damn pretty. Now makes me want one (not that I'm ready to afford one yet). But damn.

Didn't help that we finally saw No Time to Die this weekend streaming on Amazon.

I remember a few years ago my independent Lotus mechanic (who also works on Aston Martin) said I could have purchased a used older V8 Vantage (with manual transmission) for a very reasonable price. He just picked one up himself. I had just purchased the Miata shortly before visiting him. At the time, I was thinking that's cool, but I'm very much enjoying the brand new Miata... and I still do (the mechanic also races spec Miata, so he's a fan too)... But... hindsight... now I'm thinking I'd much rather have the Aston. I just took my Lotus to him last weekend again for some routine maintenance. I literally have not driven the car in two years or more. When I pick it up, I'm going to ask him if used AMs are still reasonable - probably not the way care prices have been climbing. I'd trade the Miata in a heartbeat now.

Some price data points for you - https://bringatrailer.com/aston-martin/v8-vantage/

I love the older V8 Vantage and have considered swapping my M3 for one several times.

14. Likes gnuyork liked this post