Likes Likes:  4,393
Page 590 of 657 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 6564

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Porsche has a 7 speed manual. Swoon.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Let us know how the drive in the Emira is!
    Oh I will mate

3. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Bike people! I need your help.

What motorcycles that are similar aesthetically to bikes like the Triumph Thruxton or Bonneville and would be comfortable to ride long distances? I’m doing research for a game, I’m looking for options. Budget not really a concern, aesthetics first, then comfort, with the ability to throw on a saddlebag.
    Nowadays haven't a clue.
    These two though have done 500-600'ish miles a day no sweat

Name:  BILD4531.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  402.4 KB

had to swap the CX handlebars for Goldwing to raise , flyscreen , tyres , headlamp , shocks , fork oil too. Shaft drive and the general balance made a dream ride.
    The KZ had the same mods. , not sure whether used the standard handlebars or swapped though. Fitted Krausers , more like mobile suitcases than panniers.
    Went all over. Bern to St. Malo one day , think on the CX , fine.

5. Likes Raza, tribe125 liked this post
    Saw one of these yesterday:

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 2.49.37 PM.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  48.0 KB

License plate read: QUIT HS

(For those outside of the US who might not know instantly, HS would be the abbreviation for high school).

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

(For those outside of the US who might not know instantly, HS would be the abbreviation for high school).
    Wow. Gorgeous. I have one of those in Forza, I painted it dark green. I normally don’t like green, but it worked on that car, I felt.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Wow. Gorgeous. I have one of those in Forza, I painted it dark green. I normally don’t like green, but it worked on that car, I felt.
    Well, if you finally decide you don’t really like the color, you could order another in a different color and send me the green one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mlcor; Jun 5, 2023 at 10:14 PM.

11. Likes Raza liked this post
    ... I painted it dark green. I normally don’t like green, but it worked on that car, I felt.
    I know what you mean: I'm not usually one for green either, but sometimes it just works...
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

13. Likes Raza liked this post
    I was thinking more about the retro aesthetic than the clip-on handlebars. While it’s true that clip-ons look much cooler, I don’t think the Bonneville models have them. They’re more of a standard seating position, I believe.

Just how much less comfortable are clip on bars, anyway? The Norton Commando 961 has both available:

Sexy little thing. Undoubtedly the Cafe Racer model with the clip on handlebars looks better than the sport, but if it’s a person’s only means of transportation, realistically, they’d want something more comfortable. Unless the difference isn’t that bad.
    Clip ons are much less comfortable.

A Thruxton with taller bars and a screen of some sort could be used for road tripping.

I met a girl last week doing a long trip on one, but she wasn't very comfortable.

15. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Clip ons are much less comfortable.

A Thruxton with taller bars and a screen of some sort could be used for road tripping.

I met a girl last week doing a long trip on one, but she wasn't very comfortable.
    There’s enough ambiguity in that last sentence that a dirtier mind would go to a certain place, but I’m glad we’re all above that here.

The Triumph Thruxton, in one form or another, has pretty much been my favorite bike for the last 20 years, but everything I’ve read or seen about the Norton is that it’s a slower, more leisurely and luxurious kind of bike (especially the sport model, without the clip on bars), that’s about a hassle-free vintage-like experience and not necessarily about value for money for outright sportiness, despite the fact it does actually handle well. I think that fits what I’m going for.

And it’s drop dead gorgeous. Especially in the silver, no pinstriping, with those gold-ish front struts. I’m smitten. If there’s ever going to be a bike that makes me move over to the two-wheeled society, it could be this one.
    Last edited by Raza; Jun 6, 2023 at 01:46 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

Maybe they mean start a job, education isn't very useful (which I kinda agree with if you're not going for a vocation... Or you think you are then you end of doing something else, which most do)

Lovely car (understatement)

Green is so hot right now