Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lume on Nomos Ahoi

Lume on Nomos Ahoi

I just purchased a Nomos Ahoi. I know the Lume on these isn't seiko strong but the Lume plots at the hour markers doesn't seem to light up at all. I've looked at photos online and the Lume is weak on the plots but it is there. The watch was originally sold in 2015 according to the paperwork from WatchBuys. Does the Lume wear out that quickly on these or did I get one with a bum dial? Here is a photo for reference.

Edit: I was able to hold it up to a lamp and the markers lit up. Still pretty weak though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryanpatrick; Jul 22, 2017 at 03:18 AM.
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

According to the Nomos web, they're using superluminova; this material keeps its properties for much, much longer, than only a period of two years.

Blog Entries
    Hmm... no, that should last many years. Isn't the lume around the edges a darker colored Lumina? Still it doesn't seem quite as bright as it should be. You could contact Nomos (they seem to be quite responsive) or if that doesn't work, maybe talk to a re-lume expert? I remember there were a few on the forums that came highly recommended.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

The black lume on the markers is notoriously bad. Even with a UV flashlight, you'd be lucky for it to last long enough to take a photo. I have a Sinn with similar black lume and it is only slightly better because it has 10x the material on the markers.

In other words your observations are spot on with what you can expect from black lume.

5. Likes Ryanpatrick liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    The black lume on the markers is notoriously bad. Even with a UV flashlight, you'd be lucky for it to last long enough to take a photo. I have a Sinn with similar black lume and it is only slightly better because it has 10x the material on the markers.

In other words your observations are spot on with what you can expect from black lume.
    Yeah, after I held it up to a lamp last night the markers lit up. I wore it out this morning and when I came inside there was a faint glow on the markers. Pretty unimpressive for what they consider a "dive watch". It's growing on me though. I ordered some straps for it yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

Lumed hands, great mate.
    An M.C. just got the markers....

Name:  3133-05141174_3.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  113.3 KB

8. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Nothing wrong with it. Static black lume doesn't hold charge like other colors. Back before the SuperLuminova chart became a hotlinking no no, I remember seeing black towards the bottom for luminosity.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Lumed hands, great mate.

chocolate fire guard
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    chocolate fire guard
    Still can't believe they did that... why. Would have been better without, great watch though...

12. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Lumed hands, great mate.

.......what watch is that?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking