Likes Likes:  27,665
Page 342 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442842 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 12081

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    The signed G-Shock showed up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nice. Explain the signature please?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nice. Explain the signature please?
    It is the signature of the Father (creator) of the G-Shock from the Topper event. These came paired with some of the other G-Shock. Mine came with my Mudman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

3. Likes litlmn, geoffbot, mlcor liked this post
    Cool
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I bought nothing today - thanks to the Orient Star that I put on yesterday. Not wanting more watches, it would have had to make way for an arrival. I hadn’t worn it for a while, and it’s clearly better and more interesting than both of the watches I was considering.

Hard to believe that it only cost £230.

6. Likes skywatch, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I bought nothing today - thanks to the Orient Star that I put on yesterday. Not wanting more watches, it would have had to make way for an arrival. I hadn’t worn it for a while, and it’s clearly better and more interesting than both of the watches I was considering.

Hard to believe that it only cost £230.
    Even better than getting a new watch.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

the Russian Slava i spoke of a couple weeks ago has gone thru the British customs mill the last week or so -just unfortunate if your package is among those chosen -probably also packages from that neck of the woods are subject to more scrutiny given recent events
    mine was from Serbia from an excellent guy i have dealt with on several occasions - the last watch took five days -this one has been two weeks - but a failed delivery today tells me its at my local depot -so will collect Monday -just relief there isnt notice of some kind of custom charge

think my longest was four months that was a pre order so lost a month there plus there was some trouble at the time so was sent the long way round for it to sit for a month in export before being sent abroad yes some time they come surprising fast or very very slow
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I decided that only ONE Moon Phase wasn't enough (esp. since the Shinola is quartz). So, this, just now (seller pic)

Name:  JunghansMoonPhase.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  42.9 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

I'm still a long way from bored with Everest.

While recently I've been slowly trying to work out just what the hell was really on Norgay's wrist and where he might have got it from, I'm still very much caught up in the first (yeah, I'm convinced) ascent of Everest and so couldn't resist this:

Quite apart from it sporting the same 'U' import mark as Mallory's, dating it to 1915/16, there's barely any evidence of wear, which is pretty good going for a one hundred and three year old wristwatch. The mainspring has gone west but that's a trivial issue. More of an issue is the very slightly radioactive radium lume which is helpfully smeared and dusted all over the otherwise imaculate porcelain dial.

Last edited by Matt; Aug 12, 2018 at 09:19 PM.

Excellent, Matt. Are there many about?