2 12.50%
  • return

9 56.25%
  • wouldn't have bought it in the first place, don't ask me

5 31.25%

Thread: WWYD: New arrival slightly different than expected

Threaded View

Question WWYD: New arrival slightly different than expected

So after 3 weeks of wait my Eterna Heritage 1948 is finally here, and I kind of don't know what to think about it.

The main feature that has driven this impulse buy was the case -- it's there and it doesn't disappoint.

Then, the overall appearance -- it's there, I like it, not 100% sure if not too vintagey for my tastes, but the bottom line, it's there.

I wasn't sure about the size -- I was buying it thinking it would be 40mm, but there were sites, including Weir's, where it was listed as 37mm. It's 40, though, so all according to the plan.

Here's how it looks on my wrist:

Name:  signal-attachment-2020-05-27-120740_002.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  signal-attachment-2020-05-27-120740_001.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  47.0 KB

Now, the difference -- from photos and reviews, eg here, I thought the hour markers would be applied:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-05-27 12-14-09.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  33.9 KB

but in my example they are not, they're just thickly printed.

The applied markers weren't a driver for my purchase, but I did think they were adding a nice touch, possibly made the whole watch look more modern.

On the manufacturer's site the same reference number is shared by two band and three dial options, nothing about different markers: https://www.eterna.com/product-page/...omatic-40-mm-1

So, my question is, what would YOU do, keep or return? (I'm not asking for your advice for me, I'll make my decision for myself, I'm leaning towards one of the options but won't tell you now so not to bias your answers. I'm literally curious to know YOUR thoughts and what YOU would do).

Don't be slacking with replying -- while I have a few days to think it over, I CAN'T WEAR IT UNTIL I MAKE MY DECISION!
    Last edited by rodia77; May 27, 2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: fixed review link