Likes Likes:  12

Thread: What Draws You To Breitling?

Threaded View

What Draws You To Breitling?

It's such a polarizing brand, misunderstood by many and loved tremendously by those who own them. It's lineup is so diverse that you hear stuff from folks on watch forums like-'I normally don't like Breitling but that one is nice.'
    I own watches from many brands but Breitling is probably the only one I unquestionably love, regardless of its excellent or sometimes horrid designs through the years. I have to force myself to not buy a Breitling when looking for a new watch so that I have other brands in the lineup.
    So what draws me? I think it's the just the unique styling that is undoubtedly Breitling when you spot one. It's just ingrained in the brands DNA from its cases, bezels with rider tabs, bracelet and strap design, to its iconic dials which are rarely copied by others.
    If you see a Navitimer, Avenger, Chronomat, well it's a Breitling, no doubt. You see a Submariner, GMT, DJ, well maybe it's a Rolex...The same can be said of other brands who make traditionally designed or copied-homage type watches. So my friends who understand what I'm talking about; what draws you?
    Last edited by Dienekes; Feb 10, 2015 at 03:27 AM.

2. Likes Jazzmaster liked this post