Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small (in all directions) Rodina handwind

I was too busy noticing that while they were squishing up the dial they managed to get the R and A of Rodina in a better place than on the regular version (on the Nomos the 11 and 1 indices point at the N and the S)

I still struggle with the appeal of this design....It's so......boring.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I don't think the dial looks too bad actually. Good to see someone making smaller watches
    Seriously you don't mind the way the numerals and the other hour indices are virtually touching the minutes markers?

Actually yeah, I see that now and it's making my eyes bleed

One of my favourite lines from the psalms:

Eyes have they and see not

(admittedly it's talking about man-made idols, but for a very long time I didn't know that, and assumed it was a piece of all-purpose scorn)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    One of my favourite lines from the psalms:

Eyes have they and see not

(admittedly it's talking about man-made idols, but for a very long time I didn't know that, and assumed it was a piece of all-purpose scorn)
    That's a useful one.

I wonder if they could have just not had minute marker where the numbers are and extended them to include the 5 min index at other places

Since they've taken a very well established design of immaculate balance, why didn't they scale it down?

Or, if that's too hard, get a picture of the 35mm version of the Tangente?

They tried to be original?

9. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I once did a very thorough (and tedious to read) comparison of the Rodina and the Tangomat: it really is a very accurate copy (except for the thickness, which they couldn't control) Clearly they're good at copying.

I stopped wearing mine when I could no longer put up with the clash between the dial they had so lovingly copied and the hopeless logo (Times New Roman, first font on the list ) So I'm not really surprised that their daring excursion into originality has gone this well