Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If a white dial PO and a black dial PO had a baby:

If a white dial PO and a black dial PO had a baby:

Picked up this modded PO 8500 a few days ago. Left the factory white dial/white bezel and the owner also bought a grey bezel from a black dial and had it put on the white dial making a striking mod. The original white bezel was included in the sale.

Started life something like this:

Now looks like this:

Let's look at thickness. I'm not saying it isn't think...it is, but here are a few shots relative to other watches instead of in a vaccuum. This compares the PO, the Heuer Autavia and 3570

The PO and Autavia are virtually the same height

If you wear the Speedmaster on NATO, it wear just as tall as the PO.

Beautifully finished twin barrel engine featuring Si14:

Very, Very nice dial work with thick applied markers and logo and incredible ink

Like others, not happy that the clasp does not offer micro adjustments but a 1/2 link does the trick:

At the end of the day, I love the contrast of white dial and grey bezel. It wears tall, but I have other watches that wear just as tall, and few that are thinner so it fits right in with the others in the box.

nice post - the grey does take it to another level -looks stunning -i think the white is just a little perhaps 'feminine ' or show business if you get my meaning [ im hesitating to say cheap looking] - beautiful watch as it is now

must say the bezel comes across as more black than grey or perhaps just a little less black than black !but i understand its a challenge to camera even though your images are super -its a no brainer between the bezels !

Thank you - it is fantastic in real life...much better than my photos. And you're right, the bezel is more grey than black and is a perfect compliment to the dial

4. Likes shameless liked this post
    Sharp.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

WOW great post & love the combo. I love the new co-axial mvnt such a pretty caseback w/ great attention to detail, nicely decorated & the rotor is ginormous...Congrats
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Thanks guys, the search for different leather and rubber straps has officially started

9. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmastermike View Post
    Thanks guys, the search for different leather and rubber straps has officially started
    Another best part of an incoming the strap hunt

Galaxy S6 Edge
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Wow, that looks great!
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

12. Likes rockmastermike liked this post
    Very nice !

14. Likes rockmastermike liked this post