Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RGM SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I love the 400, but no running seconds is a killer for me. How can you tell the watch is wound and running, other than checking it against another timing device or holding it up to your ear like in a cartoon or old timey movie?
    I thought it would bother me, too. However, the beauty of a chronograph is that you have a built in tester. Just give the start button a push and instant acknowledgment that it is running. Plus you get the benefit of saying you actually use the chronograph, which as surprising as it is to me, still seems to be an unused function on so many chronographs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I thought it would bother me, too. However, the beauty of a chronograph is that you have a built in tester. Just give the start button a push and instant acknowledgment that it is running. Plus you get the benefit of saying you actually use the chronograph, which as surprising as it is to me, still seems to be an unused function on so many chronographs.
    I actually did buy one chronograph without a running seconds. I still have it, but it's earmarked for sale. I just couldn't do it. It's not as good looking as the 400; maybe that will be a mitigating factor.

But I do use the chronograph; it's one of the main reasons I prefer them. I time things a lot.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I actually did buy one chronograph without a running seconds. I still have it, but it's earmarked for sale. I just couldn't do it. It's not as good looking as the 400; maybe that will be a mitigating factor.

But I do use the chronograph; it's one of the main reasons I prefer them. I time things a lot.
    Based on your design and size preferences, I think you'd find the 400 an excellent fit. If mine hadn't made the trip up north, I would've been happy to let you try it out in person.

Every once in a while, RGM has an event either close by or in Lancaster. Next time I hear of one, I'll let you know. A friend of mine with close ties to RGM told me yesterday that they are releasing something new in the near future, so I'm hoping the next event will be sooner rather than later.

4. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Based on your design and size preferences, I think you'd find the 400 an excellent fit. If mine hadn't made the trip up north, I would've been happy to let you try it out in person.

Every once in a while, RGM has an event either close by or in Lancaster. Next time I hear of one, I'll let you know. A friend of mine with close ties to RGM told me yesterday that they are releasing something new in the near future, so I'm hoping the next event will be sooner rather than later.
    Sounds good, Brian!

Also, what do you mean by the trip up north? Did you bribe Santa with it?

Sounds good, Brian!

Also, what do you mean by the trip up north? Did you bribe Santa with it?
    That would have been interesting. I wonder what Santa would have offered in exchange for the 400.

For the real reason, see Henry's photo above. We worked out an interesting trade of our own.

I love the 400, but no running seconds is a killer for me. How can you tell the watch is wound and running, other than checking it against another timing device or holding it up to your ear like in a cartoon or old timey movie? The 300 diver is lovely too, while I'm on the subject. Ton of money though, $4450 on a bracelet. Although, quite reasonable compared to some of the big players, now that I've put it into words. Like a third the price of a DeepSea.

I definitely want to own an RGM at some point, especially as they come from my home state. Might just bite the bullet and see if I can finally live without a seconds hand, because the 400 is gorgeous.

The one that's on sale is quite nice too; a bit formal looking for my tastes, though. And too small for my wrist anyway. And I can't afford it.
    As Brian wrote the beauty and balance achieved on the 400 by leaving a running seconds hand out more than makes up for it's absence. I do not miss it at all.I thought I would, but I have never once looked for it when wearing the 400. I also concur with Brian that it might be the watch for you. I also use the chrono functions a lot and I love the big subdials, another benefit of the missing running seconds.

8. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That would have been interesting. I wonder what Santa would have offered in exchange for the 400.

For the real reason, see Henry's photo above. We worked out an interesting trade of our own.
    Ah...I hadn't realized Henry's was once yours.

Ah...I hadn't realized Henry's was once yours.
    I have one of the rarest RGMs of all- pre-owned.

11. Likes Raza liked this post