Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily Pen

I seem to accumulate this stuff too. My Pelican along with a nice lighter.

~

That Pelikan is awesome, Larry! My favorite FP is a Lamy 2000. Sleek, comfortable, and nice writer. Here's an old picture.

Name:  BILD2018.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  76.9 KB

Using Lamy more and more, the grey at the mo., some went as pressies

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think the Parker 45/Seiko 007 analogy is a pretty good one. Utterly reliable, very reasonably priced, simple, good quality and excellent bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes JAGtime, Der Amf liked this post
    I love pens, too, especially fountain pens. I have used this particular model Pelikan for the last 13 years. I have also enjoyed Waterman and Parker fountain and ballpoint pens. (Sorry for the photo...late in a cloudy day.)

Jane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    That Pelikan is awesome, Larry! My favorite FP is a Lamy 2000. Sleek, comfortable, and nice writer. Here's an old picture.

Nice photo, pen and watch, Brian.

9. Likes is that my watch, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Great photo and story, DA.

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Nice photo, pen and watch, Brian.
    Thank you, Jane! The red on your Pelikan is such a rich, beautiful color! It goes well with your Oris.

13. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I have about 35 fountain pens and 20 ballpoints. At the moment, I have seven pens in rotation (excuse the cat, who just had to get in the photo);

Name:  Daily Pens.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  85.2 KB

The Fisher AG-7 Space Pen tends to be my daily writer. Rock-solid, relatively inexpensive to replace if I lose it, and the clip is very secure for shirt pockets. Not as smooth a writer as...

The Aurora 98, which was sent to me from relatives in Italy back in '74. It then spent the next 35 years in its box before I started using it from time to time. I'm told these models have gotten collectible in recent years. This one writes very nicely, but then, any ballpoint pen is only as good as the refill inside it. This one has a Schneider Office refill in it. Very cheap on eBay.

The Waterman Expert is another nice pen to write with. The pen itself has a nice weight to it. I don't really go for ultra-light pens. I would have gone for the black and gold trim colour combo, but this brown and steel one was half the price.

Pelikan M450 Vermeil. I saw a picture of this pen on a fountain pen forum and became obsessed with it. Such a pleasant bamboo shade to the stripes on the barrel. The rose gold plating has begun to discolour. I kept this pen in a cheap leather pen pouch and the tannins used on the leather have caused some oxidisation of the plating. The 400 series Pelikans are a good size if you want to use a fountain pen for a lot of writing.

Pelikan M800. In hindsight, I perhaps should have gone one size down and gotten a M600 instead. This pen feel like a baseball bat sometimes. And the Broad Bold nib makes for some extravagant writing. Still, if I ever have to sign a Peace Treaty, I know what pen I'll be using.

Sailor 1911. Such a pleasant banana-yellow colour, this one. Thick body, but very light. I think it uses a cheaper plastic than the resins used by other manufacturers. But it writes very nicely.

Sheaffer PFM (Pen For Men) V. This was given to me as a swap for a Lamy 2000 with Broad nib that I had. I do like the way this pen writes. Not sure of its vintage, but I'd say it could be 1960s, it could be 1980s. At any rate, if I ever need Don Draper's signature, I hand him this one.
    As far as vintage pens go, I also have a 1945 Parker Vacumatic (writes like a dream, but it needs repair at the moment) and a circa 1955 Mentmore Diploma with a nicely broken-in medium nib that now writes like a Bold. Throws down a lot of ink.

Not many more pens I feel the need for these days. Maybe a Pelikan M600 fountain pen and a vintage Conway Stewart No. 58 (to see what all the fuss is about). Aside from that, I think I have enough pens.
    While my handwriting isn't 100%, I place a lot of importance on decent handwriting. It's as unique to each and every one of us as our own voices, and I find it a great shame that many schools are removing cursive handwriting from the curriculum.
    That just isn't write.
    Last edited by Teeritz; Feb 15, 2016 at 01:40 AM.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

15. Likes JAGtime, Raza, FuzzyB, Upstate, germy, watchdaddy1 liked this post