Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Been a While

One of the most notable watches of our time, the Snowflake. As has been said - a superb four watch collection.

Can't wait to see number five, now that you're back in the groove.

Excellent choice and welcome back.
    Cheers,

Richard

Blog Entries
    Echoing the others and welcome back! Two of my favorite Seikos, the snowflake and green Alpinist. I have a SARB017 because that's a bit more in my league. (the bush league that is!)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Excellent collection, Glad you're back

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Welcome back! Curious what your concerns were on the movement? I cannot find a fault with the SD movement from any aspect and I've had five of them.
    My concerns are about logistics and costs for servicing and repairs. With that said, I think Spring Drive is robust and long lasting (in addition to being cool and super accurate!). I base that thinking on not hearing about problems with the movement and Seiko's reputation for quality. So the shear beauty of watch got me to buy it in spite of my other concerns.

And after a year, I feel I made the right decision. Jeez, it's such a beauty! I'll get concerned about the other stuff when/if it happens.

Is that so wrong?!!! :-P

You've had five Spring Drives? May I ask if you've had any problems with any of them and how old is the oldest one?

Welcome back! Excellent pickup and great collection.

Welcome back mate! Cracking pickup. I love that blue hand. How's the glide? Like wd40 mixed with butter?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Welcome back mate! Cracking pickup. I love that blue hand. How's the glide? Like wd40 mixed with butter?
    Yup! Super smoooooth!

9. Likes geoffbot liked this post