Likes Likes:  39
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The "I have a Chronograph but don't actually use the function" Club.

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Not true .... chrono seems to be running in this picture
    You were just testing us, right?

Must say that I like your Speedmaster & mesh combo, but then, I'm biased:

Attachment 6397

Full disclosure: I do use my chrono's; not often, but every now and then, they come in very handy. Membership denied, I guess
    Thanks love your mesh much better, I love chronos, but rarely if ever need to time anything, accept to time my kids when I tell them to do a chore that was supposed to be already done.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

2. Likes MHe225 liked this post
    They'd (mechanical ones of course, would be too easy to make a quartz do it) be a lot more useful if they were countdown times (to a ding)

...or if they chimed every 5/10/30 minutes or whatever.

On the rare occasions I have tried to use one , I've set it going, then 5 hours later I've realised I set it going 5 hours ago and I've forgotten what I was timing

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    But if no one here seems to use them (I am still scratching my head trying to figure that one out), why not use a 2824 and glue some extra hands to the dial? They could even twirl around like the propeller on a beanie.

Seriously though, I am very surprised at how many people buy a chronograph and don't use it. Next thing you'll be telling me is that all of those diver fans don't ever use the bezel, except for maybe when it gets knocked out of position and they have to twist it all the way back again. Or maybe even worse, that you guys use your phones to check the time even when you are wearing a watch.
    Guilty as charged. I don't dive. I don't need to time anything with the diving bezel I have on two dive watches. But hey, it's my money and I can buy what looks good to me.
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

This got me thinking about how illogical our hobby is. We are forking out more to service a function we do not use

akasnowmaaan
    I tried to use it for things, but it turns out the level of accuracy I need was best served by just using the minute hand.

I also have an old-ish watch, and the chrono is flaky sometimes. I'd rather not add to the wear and tear.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't desperately *need* chronos for any particular purpose, but I do find myself using them -- timing drives; cooking/barbecuing; timing speakers and agenda items when I chair meetings at the not for profit I volunteer for, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to send The Grand Ole Speedy to spa?

Quote Originally Posted by akasnowmaaan View Post
    I also have an old-ish watch, and the chrono is flaky sometimes. I'd rather not add to the wear and tear.
    Cheers, M

Shaken, not stirred.
    Name:  P1000822.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  80.6 KB

It's all show
    And no go
    For me and my one and only Chrono.
    You can always earn more money but you can't earn more time.

10. Likes RBrylawski, geoffbot, Chase liked this post

Two chronos but rarely use it

12. Likes Seriously liked this post
    If I had a chronograph, I'd use it, but only because of the novelty and awesomeness of the complication, and likely for timing unimportant things like chilling a Dr. Pepper in my freezer to the point at which it just begins to ice up, which is 23 minutes, and which, now that I'm thinking about it, is actually quite important when you consider the possible repercussions and implications: frozen Dr. P, incredibly long sentence!