Likes Likes:  921
Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: The indecisive watch buyers' thread

The indecisive watch buyers' thread

@vkalia am I right on remembering you were interested in the Baumatic? It is now in stores:

My judgement: a very nice watch, at a good price. Oh, I can’t take photos at all

I also checked out the Polo S: too big and bold for me, but top of the line finishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes vkalia liked this post
    That Baumatic is quite large!

I did/do like the watch but it didn't survive the month long cooling off period.

And yeah, the Polo has a lot of wrist presence. The broad bezel makes it a little more wearable for me. If it weren't for the fact that it is on the dressy end of sports watches, it would be a no brainier to get.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

4. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    That Baumatic was surprisingly large. If I had a bigger wrist and just wanted a casual SS dressy watch it would be a good fit.

I also tried on the blue dial OP 39mm again. The size is perfect and I am hoping that the black dial looks as good as in photos. The blue dial, which was my back-up option, left me underwhelmed.

Have to say I'm very intrigued by the Baumatic (especially the chronometer version). Seems a great price for an in-house, 5-day, anti-magnetic movement.

Just don't have a feeling for b&m. They have very little presence here it feels although there is a local ad. It does seem ppl are happy with the capeland and the clifton so I'm sure they're fine pieces.

Size should be perfect for me. I'll have to make an effort to go try on when they show up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    That Baumatic was surprisingly large. If I had a bigger wrist and just wanted a casual SS dressy watch it would be a good fit.

I also tried on the blue dial OP 39mm again. The size is perfect and I am hoping that the black dial looks as good as in photos. The blue dial, which was my back-up option, left me underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    Have you considered the 36mm OP? I found the blue dials on the 39 OP to be fantastic. Were it not for the fact that i need a white dial, that'd be the one I'd get. Or the blue dialled Piaget Polo, which is one of the nicest blues I have seen on ANY watch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Have to say I'm very intrigued by the Baumatic (especially the chronometer version). Seems a great price for an in-house, 5-day, anti-magnetic movement.

Just don't have a feeling for b&m. They have very little presence here it feels although there is a local ad. It does seem ppl are happy with the capeland and the clifton so I'm sure they're fine pieces.

Size should be perfect for me. I'll have to make an effort to go try on when they show up here.
    Yeah, strange how B&M gets no love. They make sensible watches at sensible prices (especially at street prices). $1000-1500 gets you a lot of watch!

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Have you considered the 36mm OP? I found the blue dials on the 39 OP to be fantastic. Were it not for the fact that i need a white dial, that'd be the one I'd get. Or the blue dialled Piaget Polo, which is one of the nicest blues I have seen on ANY watch so far.

Yeah, strange how B&M gets no love. They make sensible watches at sensible prices (especially at street prices). $1000-1500 gets you a lot of watch!
    Gotta wonder what's going to happen to them now that the new "Baume" brand is slipping in underneath them.

I would like that new watch but for the "Baumatic" name emblazoned on the dial. Sounds like a refugee from the '50's.

The designs never do it for me. I prefer most longings or nomos (even the tissot visodate)
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

10. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    The designs never do it for me. I prefer most longings or nomos (even the tissot visodate)

I, too, have longings. These are best kept to oneself.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. Likes mlcor, CFR, tribe125, vkalia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I, too, have longings. These are best kept to oneself.
    I too have longines, I quite agree!

!
    I found the 36mm OP too small for my tastes. While I like dress watches to be 38mm or under, I prefer a casual watch (such as the OP) go be slightly larger.

The Piaget is too expensive.

A back-up option could be the blue dial Railmaster.