Likes Likes:  921
Page 55 of 125 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: The indecisive watch buyers' thread

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post

A back-up option could be the blue dial Railmaster.
    I’ve got dibs on the first one of those coming to my AD (on the bracelet, I think that strap is terrible), whenever it arrives. I think it’s one that needs to be seen IRL before a decision is made.

2. Likes FuzzyB, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I’ve got dibs on the first one of those coming to my AD (on the bracelet, I think that strap is terrible), whenever it arrives. I think it’s one that needs to be seen IRL before a decision is made.
    I agree. I will have to really love it to buy it. However. you should buy it

If I do not like the black dial OP, and there is nothing in that price range I really like, I will just get a VC and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I, too, have longings. These are best kept to oneself.
    That's what this thread is about... let is all hang out. So to speak. I am interested in the 36mm Longing Legend Diver myself, as a Box 2 purchase... cant wait for it to hit the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Have to say I'm very intrigued by the Baumatic (especially the chronometer version). Seems a great price for an in-house, 5-day, anti-magnetic movement.

Just don't have a feeling for b&m. They have very little presence here it feels although there is a local ad. It does seem ppl are happy with the capeland and the clifton so I'm sure they're fine pieces.

Size should be perfect for me. I'll have to make an effort to go try on when they show up here.
    As I mentioned, I quite like the watch. While the brand may not get much love, if it fit my wrist I would be very tempted to get the one I tried on. It would be perfect for an everyday watch.

7. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    No idea how it looks in person, but it may be interesting. Besides, current Omega movements are probably some of the best mass produced movements around. Precision, accuracy and (finally) reliability are quite impressive.

Since my 'purchase period' has come to an end, I'll look forward to your (and others) acquisitions.
    Last edited by CFR; May 17, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Have you considered the 36mm OP? I found the blue dials on the 39 OP to be fantastic. Were it not for the fact that i need a white dial, that'd be the one I'd get. Or the blue dialled Piaget Polo, which is one of the nicest blues I have seen on ANY watch so far.

Yeah, strange how B&M gets no love. They make sensible watches at sensible prices (especially at street prices). $1000-1500 gets you a lot of watch!
    Problem with B&M is the same problem with everything else in that price range. We’re talking similar movements, similar thicknesses, similarly not great date windows. Problem with that price range is that basically everything is good, but nothing is great. And since everything is good, brand recognition seems to be the big winner—and Hamilton, Seiko, and even Oris seem to have the attention of buyers (or at least of enthusiasts).
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    I agree. I will have to really love it to buy it. However. you should buy it

If I do not like the black dial OP, and there is nothing in that price range I really like, I will just get a VC and call it a day.

You should hold out for that $2000 ETA VC that’s in the pipeline.

12. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You should hold out for that $2000 ETA VC that’s in the pipeline.
    I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Blog Entries
    I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Ah, but it’ll be a 44mm black PVD coated diver, unfortunately.

15. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post

The indecisive watch buyers' thread

There is a potential change of plans. If things work out (and it will involve me selling quite a few things; not watches) there will be a very big incoming later this year. The AD has set aside the watch for me already.

17. Likes geoffbot liked this post