Likes Likes:  4,471
Page 299 of 674 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 6733

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Why not drive a car that's not computer controlled? Every aspect of the cars you drive is controlled by the ECM/BCM... except a gear change.
    Sure, there are a lot of computers in cars, but for the most part, their operation is invisible. You never feel their presence. With a computer transmission, the same can’t be said.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Sure, there are a lot of computers in cars, but for the most part, their operation is invisible. You never feel their presence. With a computer transmission, the same can’t be said.

I love hassling people about the whole third pedal thing. It's like someone cooking your food but you're a chef because you salt it when it gets to the table.

5. Likes tribe125, Samanator liked this post
    For true driver involvement remove the synchromesh. These constant load systems take all the skill out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    For true driver involvement remove the synchromesh. These constant load systems take all the skill out of it.

Having rebuilt several BW T56 manual transmissions, I always leave out some of the parts

8. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    New rig so can we add trucks to the cars and bikes thread?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mos def! Tell us about it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Mos def! Tell us about it.
    Well it's a 2018 f150 King Ranch with every option available not much different than my last truck except for the interior which has special embossed leather.
    The nice thing is it's fully connected and it's own hot spot for WiFi and 120v outlet so I might never have to step foot in the office again......

The Twin turbo with 3.55 gears is plenty powerful and with the 10 speed transmission actually gets decent mileage the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights .

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights

You’ll get used to it. I’m only conscious of it when it doesn’t come on. And the silence becomes a nice relaxing interlude.

14. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    The Twin turbo with 3.55 gears is plenty powerful and with the 10 speed transmission actually gets decent mileage the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights
    Took me a while to get used to it on the wife's XC90.

-- Wayne

16. Likes pacifico66 liked this post