Likes Likes:  4,471
Page 300 of 674 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 6733

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    Well it's a 2018 f150 King Ranch with every option available not much different than my last truck except for the interior which has special embossed leather.
    The nice thing is it's fully connected and it's own hot spot for WiFi and 120v outlet so I might never have to step foot in the office again......

The Twin turbo with 3.55 gears is plenty powerful and with the 10 speed transmission actually gets decent mileage the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights .

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    You definitely get used to it. My brother’s new car has it, after a while, you don’t even really notice it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I leave my car in sport so stop start doesn't kick in.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

the downside is the auto stop start which is defeatable but a little discerning at the stop lights .

This would drive me bonkers...and it does when I happen to be outside near a traffic light and I hear other vehicles doing this.

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    This would drive me bonkers...and it does when I happen to be outside near a traffic light and I hear other vehicles doing this.
    Craziest start stop experience I had was in Japan. All the little cars have it, not just occasional new ones like here. First busy intersection I was waiting to cross exploded with the sound of tiny little start-ups when the light changed. Took me a while to clue in to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I leave my car in sport so stop start doesn't kick in.
    Here are my options

Put transmission in sport mode like Geoff (not sure why a truck would have a sport mode but it does)
    Push button on dash (but resets after shutting ignition off)
    Put A/C on max
    Hook up a trailer
    Ride brake at stoplights
    Pull switch out of dash and inset paperclip to jump switch permanently

Lots of options then
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Here are my options

Put transmission in sport mode like Geoff (not sure why a truck would have a sport mode but it does)
    Put A/C on max
    Hook up a trailer
    Ride brake at stoplights

If it's something you won't be using then a bypass at the switch seems like the least annoying option.

Here are my options

Put A/C on max
    Hook up a trailer
    Ride brake at stoplights

I like the Macgyver approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fitted a little gadget (wot I made) that disables it on each power up......

Before I did it , it felt like I was driving a car with a fault.... It’s such an annoying ‘feature’
    (I’m not a fan of cars standing there idling for fun (and I will switch mine off if I park up, as soon as I park up))

If your car is an auto , you’ll probably find the sensing is not just done by brake pedal operation , it’s brake pedal pressure.... I used to be able to avoid it stopping by not pressing too hard on the brake pedal...
    If you try it, just come to a stop and allow the stop/start to operate.... then slowly release pressure on the brake pedal and you’ll probably find the engine will restart before you reach ‘brakes fully off’ position.
    Manual’s use a switch on the clutch pedal and brake though... you can usually overide them by allowing it to stop when you dip the clutch, then cycle the clutch pedal (allowing the engine to restart) and it won’t re-stop when you dip the pedal again..

I know the mcguyver approach doesn’t work on mine, it needs to start up without the switch operating , I.e. there needs to be a short (1 second) delay before the stop/start dash switch is operated.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

11. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    I can’t think why anyone would want to disable it, especially in towns and cities. Why sit at traffic lights pumping out fumes at pedestrians and residents? Why opt for higher fuel consumption?

I’ve found very few driving conditions where it isn’t an asset, and it can be briefly disabled for those.

13. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Raza liked this post