Likes Likes:  27,665
Page 352 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 12081

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Well, I've been considering a bracelet for the ref 244.713 1220.41 KonTiki. I love that watch but I really do like to have a bracelet option and when it comes to bracelets I am bit of a wanker. It has to be factory correct. The KonTiki bracelets for that iteration do not exist in the wild except on a KonTiki and they now cost three or four times what I paid for mine. New, the bracelets are pretty spendy and I am not even sure the satin dialed KonTiki will look good on it. Then about a week and a half ago I found an unused one offered for ~25% less than new, so I finally biit. The bracelet is really nice, heavy, "soft and nicely finished.

P8282012 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P8282011 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

The best thing about that deal? The price included a 27 jewel quartz chrono with 200 M WR. It was a display case piece.

P8282015 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

It's the next newer iteration of the KonTiki after my three hander. The central timing minute hand (red tip) and the independent hour hand for quick setting across time zones will both be very handy. I can easily see this becoming the vacation watch.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Aug 28, 2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    This came in today, 36mm model, so simple but a really cool look, kinda takes the best from the Exp and newer, larger OP's for me . . . .
    Congrats! Great looking watch.

The friend who got me into watches became a OWG when he bought a blue dial 36mm OP.

-- Wayne

3. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    I like that!

So I’m selling the Zelos I bought, already sold the Sinn since that didn’t work out. Just bought this because I’ve been wanting an orange dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kody

Blog Entries
    What was wrong with the Sinn?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post

Not suitable for a NATO, I believe.

And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Not suitable for a NATO, I believe.
    What he said. Could get a nato on it but not easily. Required taking off the spring bar, placing the nato and then had to put the spring bar back in while keeping the nato in place. Was a pain in the ants. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kody

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I’ve wanted one of these for ages, mostly because I want to know what is inside them. I know ithe movement is Swiss and I’m pretty sure the case is UK, but the dial says Dent of London and it comes from the final two years of one of the finest clock and watch makers ever. So even if it’s dull I’ll still enjoy it, but it just might not be. The last one went for over £300 and my bid for this was in the last three seconds and firmly West of that, So I’m delighted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Vintage-1960-039-s-Dent-London-Stainless-Steel-Wristwatch-/253826748778?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=F5w2VnRUWk9gcCjbe745pe LFysY%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Especially as I almost forgot and my wife had to bid for me while trying to make sense of eBay on my phone while I was negotiating suburban Paris traffic. That I, my phone or eBay didn’t crash is a minor miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I’ve wanted one of these for ages, mostly because I want to know what is inside them. I know ithe movement is Swiss and I’m pretty sure the case is UK, but the dial says Dent of London and it comes from the final two years of one of the finest clock and watch makers ever. So even if it’s dull I’ll still enjoy it, but it just might not be. The last one went for over £300 and my bid for this was in the last three seconds and firmly West of that, So I’m delighted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Vintage-1960-039-s-Dent-London-Stainless-Steel-Wristwatch-/253826748778?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=F5w2VnRUWk9gcCjbe745pe LFysY%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Especially as I almost forgot and my wife had to bid for me while trying to make sense of eBay on my phone while I was negotiating suburban Paris traffic. That I, my phone or eBay didn’t crash is a minor miracle.
    that looks a very good buy Matt - very simple classy piece and the strap is well suited and age appropriate by the looks of it -like it a lot - if its what it purports to be its a steal i'm sure - they seem to be quite thin on the ground -its a long way from Big Ben !!!