Likes Likes:  12,951
Page 752 of 894 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753754762802852 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 8931

Thread: Food

I love meat, always have and likely always will. I'm also a lover of life in many forms. I am fiercely opposed to animal cruelty in any form, and I also believe in the food chain and its importance for a healthy lifestyle. There is always balance.
    The thought of taking a life is very different from that of eating a piece of prepared meat. Challenging someone for partaking in the latter while refusing to engage in the former is childish and petulant, quite shortsighted and frankly ignorant. People eat solid food like meat before they develop proper memories, but you dont show your 6 month old the right way to slaughter a pig and hope they can do it themselves before they're 2.
    2 weeks ago at my acreage I culled and prepared a hare and 2 grouse. Neither phase me beyond what I would experience buying them from the grocery store. It's been years since I hunted a deer, I imagine that would be more difficult... but venison is great, so. Am I interested in hanging up and slicing open a big Galloway? Not really. But I'll eat a steak tonight and sleep fine, I know where my food comes from. And I'd leap up and kill it now if it meant defending the right to freely eat meat. The only reason the cow exists is to feed people, so while I'll also fight to ensure that cow is treated and culled humanely, let's not forget about that food chain.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

2. Likes Henry Krinkle, Seriously, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Attachment 83270

Nope - couldn’t have that. Can’t have ‘craft’ either.
    Neither of those words are more or less likely to make me want to eat something, though if it said "factory farmed" or "organic" on the box I might be more likely to stay away. I want quality. I want it priced properly, as in neither too high nor too low. Fast food, for instance, is priced far too low for what goes into it, even though the quality is invariably inferior.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    ...The only reason the cow exists is to feed people, so while I'll also fight to ensure that cow is treated and culled humanely, let's not forget about that food chain.

Bingo! And let's not forget that the food chain is relative. If you are fly fishing in Alaska, running in the wilds of California, or swimming off the coast of Australia, you may not be at the top of the food chain. But we do need to treat our food with some degree of respect. Without it, we would not be here.

5. Likes litlmn, CanadianStraps liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Neither of those words are more or less likely to make me want to eat something, though if it said "factory farmed" or "organic" on the box I might be more likely to stay away. I want quality. I want it priced properly, as in neither too high nor too low. Fast food, for instance, is priced far too low for what goes into it, even though the quality is invariably inferior.
    Why is organic likely to turn you away?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Why is organic likely to turn you away?
    Organic on an elaborate box usually means it comes from a factory farm where everything that factory farms do is done. The herbicicdes and fertilizers are simply different ones. In the case of well packaged food you end up paying more for something that is not actually better for you or the earth in any significant way.

Look at that. It grows in Canada, nearly 4000km away from me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Does...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I think it is a lot like fiddleheads, in that it is regionally available.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicornia
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Yes, as I said. 4000kms away from me and regionally available. The region in Canada where most of it grows is closer to some parts of England than it is to me.

I'd try them without hesitation. I will try almost anything.

It does grow in BC as well, but I have never seen them available out there and that is still 1500-1600 kms away.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Feb 7, 2019 at 03:55 PM.

10. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Organic on an elaborate box usually means it comes from a factory farm where everything that factory farms do is done. The herbicicdes and fertilizers are simply different ones. In the case of well packaged food you end up paying more for something that is not actually better for you or the earth in any significant way.
    Interesting. I never thought of that.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Yes, as I said. 4000kms away from me and regionally available. The region in Canada where most of it grows is closer to some parts of England than it is to me.

I'd try them without hesitation. I will try almost anything.

It does grow in BC as well, but I have never seen them available out there and that is still 1500-1600 kms away.
    I’d forgotten where you were on or around that huge continent
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I’d forgotten where you were on or around that huge continent
    Indeed, it's a very big place and I live in the flat middle of it.

15. Likes Seriously liked this post