Likes Likes:  2

Thread: For Sale: IWC Portuguese Automatic with 7-day Power Reserve - Ref 5001 - Great Shape

For Sale: IWC Portuguese Automatic with 7-day Power Reserve - Ref 5001 - Great Shape

I'll keep this straightforward and quick. This is the watch that I bought to celebrate a big business win back in 2012 from a local AD. I loved it and wore it all the time. Eventually, as my collection grew, and I got more into divers, I found myself neglecting this wonderful timepiece by giving it zero wrist time. This year I have worn it literally once all year. Time to find it a new home. If interested, shoot me an email or PM and lets talk. dannorama -at- gmail -dot- com

My plan is to give it a week on the forums then take it to the unspeakable auction website and try my luck there. I've got my sights set on another watch, and this is how I'm funding it.

Watch:
    IWC Portuguese Automatic 7 Days

Reference:
    5001-07

Material:
    Stainless Steel

Movement:
    IWC Automatic 7-day power reserve

Complications:

Power Reserve Display
    Date display

Crystal:
    Sapphire Crystal

Pure awesomeness:
    Sapphire Display back that shows off the amazing movement (see the photos!)

Strap/buckle:
    Brand New (replaced by AD) Dark Blue Alligator Strap
    Original IWC Deployant Buckle

Diameter:

42.3mm

Thickness:

14.0mm

Water Resistance:

30 Meters

Includes:
    Original set, inner box, manual, warranty card (stamped in May of 2012 at a Chicago AD), IWC cloth, all papers.

Condition:
    Would rate it a 9.0 out of 10 due to a small mark on the case’s barrel at roughly 6 o’clock.

Serviced:

Was Serviced in August of 2014 by IWC's Service Center in Texas. Included a full case polish, movement maintenance, etc. Can provide the service record to buyer if needed.

Payment options:

Chase Quick Pay (no fees)
    Pay Pal (you pay fees)
    Wire Transfer (no fees)

Shipping:

Free Overnight Shipping in CONUS.
    International shipping available, but you must pay actual postage.

References:

I can provide numerous positive references and would ask that you do the same.

Terms:
    You pay, once I receive funds, I ship and send you tracking number. We both then post feedback about each other once things are settled and watch is received.

Trades: Not my primary goal here but I am willing to discuss partial trades for Rolex Milgauss and maybe some other watches. Email me, I'll reply if interested.

And, of course, the price:
    $8,650

E-mail or PM to discuss: dannorama - at - gmail - dot - com

Low ball offers will be ignored as will silly trade proposals. Only contact me if serious.

Photos:
    Name:  IMG_9215.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  59.0 KB
    That's a sapphire display back with the thinnest "rear bezel" i've ever seen on a watch. The movement is gorgeous to watch while running. If your interested, send me an email and I can wind it up and send you a video. It's really a great display back... oh and that rotor!!!

Name:  IMG_9229.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  45.3 KB
    Resting in it's case

Name:  IMG_9228.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  44.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_9227.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  47.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_9225.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  40.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_9211.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  33.4 KB
    This photo shows (if you look closely) a very minor mark on the case at about 6 o clock.
    Name:  IMG_9210.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  33.2 KB
    Tried to get a good shot of the crown inscription
    Name:  IMG_9206.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  57.7 KB
    I know it looks like the case is removed but it's not, the crystal on the back literally fills up the entire back of the case.

More photos available of box, papers, watch itself, deployant, strap, etc. Just me me know what you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by chicago; Jan 4, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

2. Likes Seriously, Chase liked this post
    Pending trade but still entertaining offers

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.