Likes Likes:  370
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: The HiFi and Home Theater thread...what gear are you listening to?

Or if the volume is too high and the BT receiver has no volume control, an attenuator could reduce it. The interconnect plugs into one end, the attenuator plugs into the amp. I use one between my DAC and amp because the amp’s remote control volume has large steps, meaning it goes from too quiet to too loud.

This is the one I have -

Name:  IMG_8188.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  286.4 KB

(Frankly, I’d be tempted to buy a new amplifier, but that might not be an option.)

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    (Frankly, I’d be tempted to buy a new amplifier, but that might not be an option.)
    You mean if you were in my shoes? Not an option, I'm only reviving this system out of sentiment and because it's more convenient for me to have it on the shelf than in the storage, and I'm only willing to spend pennies to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    You mean if you were in my shoes? Not an option, I'm only reviving this system out of sentiment and because it's more convenient for me to have it on the shelf than in the storage, and I'm only willing to spend pennies to make it work.

In that case forget the attenuator. They’re quite a lot of pennies for something so small.

5. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    After so many yers in the business and having had a few situations where I experienced speaker blowing volumes early on, I always lower the volume whenever I do anything with my system(s), even when utilizing the same input in between songs/albums, etc..

It's just good practice as levels vary with all sources.

7. Likes rodia77 liked this post