Likes Likes:  1,959
Page 330 of 330 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330
Results 3,291 to 3,299 of 3299

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Out of season, but ...

FFWD to 9:35

Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

3. Likes rodia77, Samanator liked this post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Out of season, but ...

Trying to remember a few things from years ago I am making a conscious effort to reach out to all my friends past and present it's easy to become a shut in when retired and I don't want that

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

6. Likes litlmn liked this post
    Out and about at our local jazz club down by the sea. Elaine Delmar, vocally undimmed at 84. Her father was Leslie ‘Jiver’ Hutchinson, one of the first of the Caribbean jazz musicians to reach England in the 1930s, along with Ken ‘Snakehips’ Johnson. Those were the days - they say. She’s also performed in the West End and on Broadway, along with legit theatre with The National Theatre. Sometimes you go to see these people because you discover that they’re still alive, but what a classy lady.

Name:  IMG_2020.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  154.9 KB

The guitarist is Jim Mullen, one of the finest jazz guitarists these islands have produced. He’s a mere 78, and for those old enough to remember, he once played with Brian Auger and the Average White Band. It was all ‘American Songbook’, but an expert and immaculate delight.

It will be three in the morning before these guys get home to bed and it’s clear that they’re still doing it for fun. Marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Out and about at our local jazz club down by the sea. Elaine Delmar, vocally undimmed at 84. Her father was Leslie ‘Jiver’ Hutchinson, one of the first of the Caribbean jazz musicians to reach England in the 1930s, along with Ken ‘Snakehips’ Johnson. Those were the days - they say. She’s also performed in the West End and on Broadway, along with legit theatre with The National Theatre. Sometimes you go to see these people because you discover that they’re still alive, but what a classy lady.

Name:  IMG_2020.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  154.9 KB

The guitarist is Jim Mullen, one of the finest jazz guitarists these islands have produced. He’s a mere 78, and for those old enough to remember, he once played with Brian Auger and the Average White Band. It was all ‘American Songbook’, but an expert and immaculate delight.

It will be three in the morning before these guys get home to bed and it’s clear that they’re still doing it for fun. Marvellous.
    Fantastic!

9. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    The BBC showed the Elvis ‘comeback’ show from 1968 tonight. I’d seen it before, but not for a long time.

What a power that man was, and in settings like this, completely authentic. A popular music colossus.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My Amazon Echo today played an early 70's British folk rocker named Sheila McDonald on the heels of an Incredible String Band song I requested. I had never heard of her, apparently for good reason. The track was excellent and I was curious to learn more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelagh_McDonald

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listened to my two favorite bass players it's a treat how anything you want to listen to is a few keystrokes away I won't get into who is best but Lee and Entwistle are legendary I must have listened to YYZ a dozen times this afternoon great stuff brings back my youth a bit Name:  https___arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com_public_3II7ZTFXA5AZDJ64N3GDYMPTQU.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  52.9 KBName:  entwistle.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  121.4 KB

Sent from my SM-P613 using Tapatalk

13. Likes hayday, Samanator liked this post