Likes Likes:  4,471
Page 518 of 524 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 5233

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Nope. Haven’t had brain freeze since I was a kid and I routinely had to finish slushees before the end of the lunch period.
    After going to the gym today with my kids (outside in the heat stuff), I grabbed them slushes

They enjoyed them, no issues. I took one good gulp and, with no exaggeration, the pain was paralyzing for 45ish seconds. Sent me to my knees. Pain from my esophagus to my skull.

Rarely do I consume very cold drinks for this reason. Brain freeze has always hit me quickly and with force. Was curious if this happens to others

2. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    After going to the gym today with my kids (outside in the heat stuff), I grabbed them slushes

They enjoyed them, no issues. I took one good gulp and, with no exaggeration, the pain was paralyzing for 45ish seconds. Sent me to my knees. Pain from my esophagus to my skull.

Rarely do I consume very cold drinks for this reason. Brain freeze has always hit me quickly and with force. Was curious if this happens to others
    That’s wild, I’ve never heard of anyone having that intense a reaction to brain freeze. Did you try sticking your thumb into the roof of your mouth? That’s what I was always told to do as a kid.

And when you say cold, do you mean just frozen drinks like slushees/Slurpees/milkshakes/frozen blended coffees or do you mean like ice cold drinks like sodas out of fridge or ice water?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Oh, so that’s what brain freeze is. Never heard of it before and never had it.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Oh, so that’s what brain freeze is. Never heard of it before and never had it.
    I was also thinking something completely different…
    Cheers, M

Savagely Average
    That’s wild, I’ve never heard of anyone having that intense a reaction to brain freeze. Did you try sticking your thumb into the roof of your mouth? That’s what I was always told to do as a kid.

And when you say cold, do you mean just frozen drinks like slushees/Slurpees/milkshakes/frozen blended coffees or do you mean like ice cold drinks like sodas out of fridge or ice water?
    Never heard of the thumb idea, will try it.

It has happened with ice cold water, though not as intense

I try to be aware, so it does not happen as often as when I was younger. The slush caught me off guard because it was a single slurp lol

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone else get brain freeze very easily?
    What was the question, again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's not what I think of when I hear "brain freeze". Then again, I've already forgotten the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold-stimulus_headache

You Brits probably gave it a silly name, like coldy brainy pip wozzles.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

10. Likes Mediocre, Samanator, hayday liked this post
    Ha no we call it then same. It's quite 90s - doesn't happen to much these days*

*to me (probably because I don't drink slush puppies)
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold-stimulus_headache

You Brits probably gave it a silly name, like coldy brainy pip wozzles.
    Seriously just laughed out loud

14. Likes Raza, Samanator liked this post