Likes Likes:  153
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WRUW Tuesday 21st. May

Morning walk with the Beater

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Name:  IMG_3030.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  148.3 KB

This old timer (is that a pun?) is getting a lot of use lately.

Blog Entries
    This one again... I'll swap at some point this week, I promise.

Name:  Rol214270Wr802-2.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  296.2 KB

And here's a gratuitous photo looking down our hillside from yesterday, April showers and May something

Name:  MayFlowers-sm.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  622.9 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Name:  20240521_191121.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  50.8 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Why are you wearing a suit to an island vacation?
    We're here for a wedding. The bride and groom want formal affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    On the way to JFK International. After my wife's less than enthusiastic comment about pairing my suit with the Christopher Ward C60 Sapphire and its "Tide" fabric strap, another dark horse emerged to win the day.

Lorier Hydra III is perfectly good GADA for an island vacation. While not particularly formal looking, mine is at least on a bracelet. 200m water resistance, decent lume, a dial with some visual interest but not too busy. It's also a "true" GMT (Miyota 9075). That's a function not needed on this trip as our destination, St. Kitts/Nevis, is on the same time as the US east coast.

https://www.thetimebum.com/2023/08/l...eries-iii.html

https://watchclicker.com/lorier-hydra-siii-review/

I'm not normally, yet a lot more than I realize, stodgy and particular about certain things (ok, I am really picky about somethings. I'm not particularly picky about most things, in fact but I could not care less about most things, but I am REALLY picky about the things I'm particularly picky about. For example, the last time I bought something from Wal-Mart was December 23, 1990. I bought a poinsettia on my way home for winter break), but I'm with your wife on this one. Bring the Lorier for every other moment you're there, but bring a leather strap for the suit. Ideally, the strap should match the other leather you're wearing as best is possible. But I'm old school about certain things.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.