Likes Likes:  246
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Box

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    There's probably a way to do this and I just don't know how, but I'd like to know when someone replies to one of my posts. This is more interesting to me than a 'like' and I should see what's been written in case a response in needed. Any way to do this? Is this a 'trackback' and how does one turn that on?
    I don't know of a way to track a reply to one of your posts specifically, but you can subscribe to a thread and will be notified if there is a new post in that thread. It's under thread tools.

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Browser and OS please. And this is a bug, not a suggestion!
    Mac OSX 10.7.5.

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    I am using Chrome on a desktop with Windows 7 and it's working OK. I suggest you clear your cache and see if that helps.
    I'll try it out.

I'm trying to think of a nice way to put this suggestion in, but I can't, so....

Banners....This is something I just mushed together. I'm not saying "Use this!" because I don't particularly like it much anyway, but, discuss....

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Actually, dark text on a light background has been proven repeatedly to be more readable. I have done a lot of work over the years on website accessibility and that is always one of the primary goals. Here's some interesting discussion on the topic:

https://www.joedolson.com/2006/08/on...color-schemes/

That said, we will look into the font and see if we can tweak things a bit. I honestly don't have any contrast issues either on my monitors or my Macbook.
    i have to agree with you Gabe , and i have very poor eyes but great spectacles - that said monitors vary considerably and maybe the 'tweaking' needs to be closer to home

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    any chance of increasing the pic upload limit per post?
    currently its at 5 pix/post...
    the quality also seems a bit fuzzed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    In COMPLETE seriousness:

When a post is deleted by the original author, ALL subsequent posts that quoted that post should also be modified automatically to reflect the same.

SOmetimes, people just don't want to keep their post for whatever the reason.
    It is cruel to have it up permanently by way of someone's quoting it.
    Sometimes in the past I have quoted someone's very foolish post in a post of my own purely to make sure their trousers are nailed to the mast

7. Likes Strange, drickster, M. Montaigne liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    any chance of increasing the pic upload limit per post?
    currently its at 5 pix/post...
    the quality also seems a bit fuzzed?
    +1
    5 seems too few. But I notice some post have well in excess of this, so how are people getting around it? Adding more by 'editting' the OP?
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Sadly, that's what I feared. There must be a better way than going thru pages of posts to see if someone has replied. I think Tapatalk alerts you when someone has replied to a post, so there is some way to do it (I think, not being a techie).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I don't know of a way to track a reply to one of your posts specifically, but you can subscribe to a thread and will be notified if there is a new post in that thread. It's under thread tools.

Jeannie
    There's probably a way to do this and I just don't know how, but I'd like to know when someone replies to one of my posts. This is more interesting to me than a 'like' and I should see what's been written in case a response in needed. Any way to do this? Is this a 'trackback' and how does one turn that on?
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

+1
    5 seems too few. But I notice some post have well in excess of this, so how are people getting around it? Adding more by 'editting' the OP?
    Use a hosting site for the pics, like Photobucket.Then link the pics from there into the post

I did a thread yesterday and got to the 4 and it came back with an error saying I'd exceeded the limit , BUT it added the 5th picture anyway !! (but as an attachment!)

So then I saw the picture/resource manager? button and went in there and removed the extra one, so maybe you can add more in one post via the picture manager?