Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tried on the GSOTM yesterday....

I think I'm gonna stay on track with the intention of getting a Geophysic and wait for Basel. I'm hoping to hear a new Railmaster announcement....

That is a sweet speedmaster too!

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I'm good on the moonwatch front...for now.

Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

It wears a little too big.

From a fellow 6 incher!

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I think I'm gonna stay on track with the intention of getting a Geophysic and wait for Basel. I'm hoping to hear a new Railmaster announcement....
    I was surprised to see the Geophysic listed on Jomashop, I was under the impression they were goig to be hard to get hold of and therefore presumed would fetch retail price.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Yep, gotta be honest and agree with others above. It is a great watch, but it does look too big, even in today's too big watch world.

I stopped by the boutique to pick of the black coated nylon nato (I had to head out of town the next day but I'll get some pictures up and share some thoughts soon) and they had the gray side in. I think the gray is much more impressive than the dark side, only because their are already so many black watches out there that the gray really stands out. It would look really awesome with the black strap from the dark side.

I tried the DSOTM 2 weeks ago (no pics, sorry) and it not only looks too big, it just is. Plus the watch is very thick and sits high on the wrist, courtesy the sapphire display-back. If you put the watch on a flat surface, its lugs don't even touch that surface. The display-back props the watch that high up.

But it is one gorgeous piece, it oozes quality

PS - did I mention that the price-tag is also big? Too big for me, so in that sense, I'm glad that the watch isn't for me (same story with IWC's Big Pilot)
    Last edited by MHe225; Feb 14, 2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo - fingers were misalligned
    IWL member 90

It looks gorgeous, just wish it was a 39mm case.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx